Of all the material out there what is best? - Posted by New guy

Posted by Linda Simms on August 09, 2003 at 07:11:24:

There really is no best material. If you read everything and I mean everything on this site and go to your local REIA meetings and network and read a few books you should have plenty to start, but you have got to start! If you feel after all this that you need some specialized courses, pick a area in which you are particularily interested and go with a recommended course provider in that area. How do you know which one? Ask on this site of opinions of each and what they have and if you narrow it down you will find that you receive plenty of answerw.

Of all the material out there what is best? - Posted by New guy

Posted by New guy on August 09, 2003 at 06:42:06:

I have a basic understanding of what investing is about.
My question is which program, study course or whatever would
give me a good beginning without making the studying become
the end result. I guess what I need is some kind of a cookbook approach so I can do A, B and C and apply it for results.
Help would be appreciated.

I don’t think there is such a thing… - Posted by Ronald * Starr(in No CA)

Posted by Ronald * Starr(in No CA) on August 09, 2003 at 11:21:10:

New Guy----------

I don’t think there is a “best” course. And if you want a “cookbook” approach, it will be on a very narrow approach to investing. The question then becomes, which investing approach? Which leads you to the understanding that you have to have an approach that you chose.

I recommend that you expect to read a lot of different materials on the topic, so that you gain more familiarity with how it all works.

I recommend that you read my post for beginners. You can find it by putting “beginners success” into the archive search function for this main board of this CREONLINE.COM website.

Good InvestingRon Starr***

Re: Of all the material out there what is best? - Posted by Elena Rospert

Posted by Elena Rospert on August 09, 2003 at 10:20:19:

There is so much good information out there. Best of all a LOT of it is available to you on the internet if you do the digging and leg work. There’s a really good eCourse that’s free at fastcashcourse.com. It also includes a really inspiring book that I’ve just recently learned to live by, As A Man Thinketh. Check it out and good luck!