# of real purchases aloud in florida - Posted by john shine

Posted by Jack Compton on October 21, 2000 at 14:52:51:

Hey John, sounds like a Land Trust or possibly an entity (Corp.) would be to your advantage. And, you could always expand to other states that are near you. Good luck friend! —Jack
P.S. I’m in north Texas and unfamiliar with Florida’s state requirements — sorry.

of real purchases aloud in florida - Posted by john shine

Posted by john shine on October 21, 2000 at 12:13:09:

carlton,
i am trying to find out info on the number of florida properties aloud to purchase and resale in a year. i was told 3 max per year per person if you do not have a realtors license.i have tons of you,re courses and materials for references.i am trying do do as many resale during the 12 month cycles as possible with some rental thrown in to.my questions is: are there any county or state license that i can obtain that apply to investor of real estate.how is it possible to purchase and resale numerous properties in a 12 month cycle if i am limited to 3 per florida year. please help. thanks john

Re: # of real purchases aloud in florida - Posted by LaVerne

Posted by LaVerne on November 24, 2000 at 04:00:33:

If people can’t spell, how are they ever going to succeed in something as complex as real estate?

Re: # of real purchases aloud in florida - Posted by Mark-NC

Posted by Mark-NC on October 21, 2000 at 19:20:05:

John,
I don’t know where you heard that but it is not true. You can buy and sell as many as you want with out a license. As long as you are buying and selling you have equitable interest ( sales contract, Lease option, option, ect) in the property, no license is required.

What you may be hearing is that if you buy and sell a certain number of properties in a year the IRS may see you as a dealer. But don’t let that stop you.

Mark

Re: # of real purchases aloud in florida - Posted by Shaun

Posted by Shaun on October 21, 2000 at 15:45:21:

If you are talking real estate purchases and or sales for your own investment or portfollio, I think you will find that there are no FL state statute limits. You should only need a Realtors License to sell other people’s R.E.property. If you are talking mobile homes it may be a different story, although it would seem to some, that the same logic should apply, unless you have a sales agency where you sell new (or used) mobile homes. But, be sure to check it out with the FL Statutes or even with a R.E attorney.