OFFERS?? - Posted by Michael_NJ

Posted by Marc (NJ) on July 07, 2002 at 08:55:31:

Mike, Sorry I didnt get back to ya,but give me a call, I’ll help you out if I can.
Marc Friedman
Statewide Property Solutions
Manahawkin,NJ
609-597-2272
609-713-6726

OFFERS?? - Posted by Michael_NJ

Posted by Michael_NJ on July 07, 2002 at 08:23:08:

I joined my local REI club in my area. There was a job posting(voluntary) within the club assisting the board members… One night we had a board meeting and we were discussing the plans for the next years meeting, opinions were bouncng around until the President of the club looked over and asked, “what do you feel about such and such” I stood like uh! uh! and then he asked me, “how many homes did you purchase” and I said uh! none! Then he asked me, “how many offers did you make” and I said," uh! none". Every board member in the group just said to start making offers!

My question is, say I start making offers… what happens if an offer gets accepted, what then? I have no cash and no experience to even close a deal! I just don’t want to mess up! Any advice??

Michael_NJ “Sky is the limit”

Re: OFFERS?? - Posted by Brian M. Powers(MI)

Posted by Brian M. Powers(MI) on July 07, 2002 at 08:34:36:

you have to identify a niche of investing that suits your style and that of a beginner. there are means to do this with no money or credit. lease options and flipping/wholesaling for example.
if you have no experince w/ real estate than i don’t recommend you start painting the town with offers. you could wind up in a mess and like you said…what would you do even if they were accepted?
i would invest a few hundred dollars in a wholesaling course and/or a lease option course that suits beginners.
for less than $200 you can buy steve cook’s wholesaling/flipping course and purchase david finkel/peter conti’s lease option book “how to create multiple streams of income…”.
if you are really strapped for cash than you can buy bronchik’s book on flipping/wholsaling and finkel/conti’s book for less than $50.
i think steve cook’s course is the best out there for beginners.
BMP

PS- check out this link posted by johnboy…it is a must for all beginners:
http://www.creonline.com/wwwboard/messages/arc_2001/arc_50/50774.html