Oh darn! - Posted by Joe Kaiser

Posted by Donna on December 13, 1999 at 12:28:40:

Joe,

How can they just sell you another property by mistake?
what about the owner of the property you accidentally bought?

Oh darn! - Posted by Joe Kaiser

Posted by Joe Kaiser on December 11, 1999 at 24:12:37:

Bought a property at foreclosure today. Plat map turned out to be in error. Yikes, we got the wrong property!

Twelve hundred bucks down the tubes. Ooops. Bought the wrong property! Still can’t believe it. Pretty funny, standing there in the middle of the road with a tape measurer that wouldn’t stretch as far as we needed it to go (and believe me, I pulled on that thing like crazy).

Joe

Re: Oh darn! - Posted by LIsa

Posted by LIsa on December 11, 1999 at 16:53:00:

It sure is nice to know others make mistakes too. Had me cracking up laughing.

Good luck with your newly aquired property. I am sure you will turn a profit!!

Oh darn! What was $1200 “Supposedly” buying??? - Posted by Walt_FL

Posted by Walt_FL on December 11, 1999 at 13:21:24:

Joe,

I hate it when that happens… Tax Deed sale? At least you got a Lot for $1200???

Attorney at REIA meeting was telling of a client who had a Sink-Hole in the middle of his Living Room consuming the house from inside out (Subsidence= nice way of saying the SH word, not too uncommon here in Sunny Fla) Attorney Said Investor bought it at FC sale for $60K minus $30K Mtg = $30K Profit for house he could not sell anyway and was unmarketable. Naturally, he advised his Client to let it go to FC, I don’t know if this is a True Story or Not.

I guess the point is/was that there are poison fruits awaiting the unwary Investor and even more so in the Foreclosure Arena, even for seasoned Investors such as yourself. Personally, I feel fortunate to be working with you, $1200 is not TOO expensive a seminar.

Walt_FL

Re: Oh darn! - Posted by M.T.(CO)

Posted by M.T.(CO) on December 11, 1999 at 24:53:25:

what is a plat map, and how did it cause you to buy the wrong property? Im sorry if the question is basic, darn new-bie.
Todd

Re: Oh darn! - Posted by Joe Kaiser

Posted by Joe Kaiser on December 11, 1999 at 24:58:26:

Plat map . . . Tax assessor’s view of where things stand. Often (but alas, not always) lines up with the surveyor’s findings.

Grrrrr.

Joe