oh im a happy camper today - Posted by mike3367

Posted by James Strange on July 26, 2003 at 01:25:19:

Yes and No.

How fast do you need to close? If you need to close fast Hard Money is the way to go.

Do you need repair funds? A full doc loan to get repair funds will take a long time to get.

Will the seller be doing a big carry back or pay all points closing cost ect. On NOO loans most lenders limit sellers consesions to 3%. But not HM.

How long will you hold it? If its a long term hold then the lower rate will be important. That kills HM.

It really depends upon the game plan that you have for the property. It is a tool and as a RE investor it is good to have in your tool box. But it is not the tool for all jobs.

oh im a happy camper today - Posted by mike3367

Posted by mike3367 on July 19, 2003 at 11:41:38:

ive been reading this site for while now but about a year ago i read on how to get your credit better on here and i took there advice even if it was for someone else well when i started my fico score average was 390 yes 390 but i got my credit report with my fico scores today and now one year later i got and average score of 570 i know not great but not as bad as i was i even got a 598 score from experian i know this not a helpful subject but i just had to say thanks to this site for the help on my credit rating thanks so much for the help mike

Re: oh im a happy camper today - Posted by Galina

Posted by Galina on July 21, 2003 at 12:54:16:

Hello
How did you increase your score? I have 614 and have difficult time refinancing my house because lender says my score is too bad. They suggest that I will pay off some credit cards and in 3 month apply again. The problem is that I don’t have money to pay my credit cards. What did you do to increase your score? Thanks

Re: oh im a happy camper today - Posted by James Strange

Posted by James Strange on July 19, 2003 at 13:32:22:

Actually I think that it is quite the milestone. You now qualify for subprime loans and soft hard money. Depending upon several other factors you may now be able to buy a home with very little out of pocket expenses.

But if you keep doing what you are doing in time you will be able to get a “normal” loan.

James Strange

Posted by James Strange on July 26, 2003 at 01:27:51:

With a 614 you can do a refi, but were you needing the best rate?

Re: oh im a happy camper today - Posted by mike3367

Posted by mike3367 on July 21, 2003 at 14:27:55:

gotta understand my creidt really bad but what i did was pay off every thing i could settle the rest and now even got one to compeltely delete the stuff off my report to day all i can say is pay stuff off and dotn apply for credit either every time you apply for something they take points away from you im not sure how much i can help you since your credit better than mine but best thing i can say get your 3 reports check whats on there pay anything you can off dont apply for credit andim sure you fico score go up just rember to it took me a year to get mine up to where it is today so be patient and im sure your score get better

Re: oh im a happy camper today - Posted by mike3367

Posted by mike3367 on July 20, 2003 at 09:38:06:

i guess i don’t know the term “soft hard money” how much different is it than hard money

Re: oh im a happy camper today - Posted by Steve

Posted by Steve on July 23, 2003 at 09:45:31:

Not to be short, but try and use some punctuation. This was very dificult to read.

Posted by James Strange on July 20, 2003 at 17:46:51:

Its something in between regular had money and subprime. It works like Hard Money (must have low LTV) but the rates are lower.

Depending upon a lot of factors I have seen soft hard money have lower rates than subprime loans on the same deal.

I’m curious… - Posted by rm

Posted by rm on July 25, 2003 at 22:30:50:

Is “soft-hard money” worth pursuing for a fixer-flipper with a good credit score, or is it not worth putting together a full-doc package?

Thanks.