OH NO !! HELP ME ! - Posted by Laure

Posted by JohnBoy on March 08, 2000 at 17:43:40:

Well, if you can’t beat-em, join-em!

Paint up the corvette! LOL!

OH NO !! HELP ME ! - Posted by Laure

Posted by Laure on March 08, 2000 at 08:51:14:

Now, maybe I’m just being too conservative, you tell me !

But my son, who will soon be 20, and still lives at home, parks his truck outside our house on the street. Now I am sure this seems absolutely normal to most of you.

We recently attended the convention in Atlanta and Ron LeGrand showed a slide of one of his Student’s vans. On the van, the whole van, was a sign that said: “WE BUY HOUSES 555-5555” This is all well and good, and I thought to myself, I sure wouldn’t want to drive around in that van ! And, I wonder IF ANYONE WOULD EVER CALL ON SOMETHING THEY READ THAT WAS THAT GAWDY!

Ok, so by now I am sure you have guessed it! YES ! OUTSIDE MY HOUSE, in this quiet little neighborhood, sits my son’s 1994 Ford Ranger. PLASTERED ALL OVER IT… On the driver’s side, on the tailgate, on the passenger’s side, it reads:

WE BUY HOUSES CALL 634-5434

Now, I’ll bet you’re all thinking… Great ! Good for him ! But let me add to my humiliation… THE LARGEST real estate investor in all of Peoria, Illinois lives right across the street from me. I know he owns, free and clear, over 400 single family houses and apartment buildings. And to think that when he got up this morning, that he saw this truck sitting outside my house… aw…geez…

Oh,ok…tell me to chill out! but I bet you wouldn’t feel that way if this truck was sitting in front of your house !

I’ll take a picture today, so you all can see it !

Laure :frowning:

What to do with the 'vette - Posted by CarolFL

Posted by CarolFL on March 09, 2000 at 04:24:27:

Put “we buy mobile homes” on it … wouldn’t that be the trick?

Or, you could have an 85 volks westfalia poptop van like us, and put your son to shame.

I’ve always been told… - Posted by SCook85

Posted by SCook85 on March 08, 2000 at 22:27:46:

If you are willing to do what others will not you will be successful beyond your wildest dreams. I actually got a very good laugh out of this post. I think it is great. I was thinking about doing my car up the same way, but I was going to let someone else drive it :-).

Let us know how it works. I may be making car payments for many people if it works well.

Steve

Re: I LOVE IT! - Posted by Jim Rayner

Posted by Jim Rayner on March 08, 2000 at 09:58:52:

Laure,

Sounds like the convention was just what your son and mine needed. Mike’s been working at such a frantic pace us oldtimers are having trouble keeping up with him. It great to see another young man so motivated for success tell him with this kind of motivation he can’t help but become another successful investor.

PS Its ok for our generation to be conservative… seems like it comes with getting older

Re: OH NO !! HELP ME ! - Posted by JPiper

Posted by JPiper on March 08, 2000 at 09:19:21:

Well, let’s face it…a 94 Ford Ranger doesn’t look THAT good anyway:) What could it hurt?

Sounds like a good idea to me.

JPiper

Re: OH NO !! HELP ME ! - Posted by Bill K. - FL

Posted by Bill K. - FL on March 08, 2000 at 08:56:44:

Sounds like a good source of sandwich leases to me. Your son should be contacting him, or perhaps he will call your son. Don’t be ashamed of your son you should be proud.

Re: What to do with the 'vette - Posted by Laure

Posted by Laure on March 09, 2000 at 10:01:55:

Actually, wayne drives an 88 chrysler mini-van. A real piece of crap with the paint all flaking off everywhere. It scares us to wash it!

No lettering on the vette. It’s already too large of a depreciating assett

Laure :slight_smile:

Re: OH NO !! HELP ME ! - Posted by Laure

Posted by Laure on March 08, 2000 at 09:55:06:

I particularly enjoy the way the truck looks parked next to my red corvette :frowning:

Yes, I am laughing…

Laure :wink:

Posted by Laure on March 08, 2000 at 09:25:16:

I’ll let you know if it works ! Since he works part time at Menard’s, he just might get some action. Soon, we may all be driving gawdy vehicles!! LOL

Posted by Laure on March 08, 2000 at 09:02:37:

I’m not ashamed of my son…just this stinking truck !

LOL