Ohio Mobile home dealer criteria - Posted by Tim (OH)

Posted by JHyre in Ohio on December 30, 1998 at 06:55:30:

Mobile home may only be sold by the dealer on his paved lot,not the lot the home is sitting on. If the dealer owns the park, MH may be sold off of ITS lot. See the recent post about never taking title to avoid this problem- that’s creative thinking!

John Hyre

Ohio Mobile home dealer criteria - Posted by Tim (OH)

Posted by Tim (OH) on December 29, 1998 at 11:35:34:

There are alway a lot of posts regarding the requirements for used mobile home dealer requirements. Although I would like to be able to post regarding the whole country, the best I can do is tell Ohio investors what the requirements are for this state. These requirements are the same as a used automobile dealers license and only apply after you have sold (5) mobile homes in any given 12 month period.

1. 3,500 hard surface display area
  2. 180 square foot office, seperate from any other business or residence.
  3. Dedicated phone, desk, 3 chairs, filing cabinet, all kept in good order.
  4. Permanent sign with letters at least 6" in size indicating name and business hours.
  5. Must be attended during business hours.
  6. Civilian ID submitted with application.
  7. Net worth of business of at least $10,000.00
  8. Photos of office, display area and sign to be submitted with application.
  9. $73.00 dealers fee (includes ONE dealer plate).

You can call the Ohio DMV in Columbus @ 614-752-7634 and listen to the recordings.

Hope this helps, but remember the market STINKS in MY AREA!

LOL
Tim

Re: Ohio Mobile home dealer criteria - Posted by JHyre in Ohio

Posted by JHyre in Ohio on December 29, 1998 at 14:36:28:

In addition, the mobile homes may only be sold on the lot itself or in an owned park. Where are you in Ohio?
I’m in the northwest corner. For those of you who would compete with me, IT STINKS. For everyone else, it seems to have lots of potential.

John Hyre