Ohio title and repo questions etc... - Posted by Mike

Posted by Martha Eggler on September 16, 2002 at 20:39:34:

My brother gifted his mobile home to his son. (Ravenna, Ohio). His son sold the mobile home within the year to AAA Trailer???. I need to get a copy of the title showing it has been sold. Who do I contact?

Ohio title and repo questions etc… - Posted by Mike

Posted by Mike on July 03, 2002 at 21:04:43:

Hello,

I have a couple questions regarding repos in Ohio. I already read through the archives and came across an old post saying the procedure has changed for repo’ing a MH. The post was about 2 years old(http://www.creonline.com/mobilehomes/wwwboard4/messages/1443.html) What is the procedure now for repoing and transfering title with a lien on it? I plan on calling the DMV friday seeing how tomorrow is a holiday. Also when purchasing a MH what purchase contract do you use? Lonnie’s? When selling what late fees for the note are appropriate in Ohio? ’

Thanks for your time and responses,
Mike

Re: Ohio title and repo questions etc… - Posted by Larry

Posted by Larry on July 04, 2002 at 11:45:13:

As an investor in SFH, I’m just now looking into MH. As I understand the procedure, it works just as Lonnie points out in his book. However, I happen to have a good friend in the county Auditors office who knows all about this stuff and picked his brain. He strongly suggested that if you have to repo the MH that you go ahead with the eviction even if its vacant. (unless they just disappeared) It seems as if there have been a couple of lawsuits against the lienholder because they took possession and threw out some personal belongings - junk. Larry