Okay guys, for the nth time: need some telephone recommendations - Posted by Russ Sims

Posted by B.L. Renfrow on May 28, 1999 at 09:58:50:

Russ,

For Mac-based solutions, are you familiar with Megaphone? It used to be bundled with the Performas, and it works fine with OS 8.6. It has answering machine functions, although I can’t recall whether you can set up separate mailboxes. (My Mac’s at home today; I’m not.) Also, there’s the Yoyo Telephone Manager, which is a combination hardware/software application which, although it does not provide answering machine or voice mail capability, acts as an enhanced caller ID and filtering device. You can set it up to interface with your contact manager and it will take an incoming call, identify it and do any number of things based on user-defined criteria, like send it to voice mail, forward it to your pager, send an e-mail notification, dump it or any other number of functions. I just got mine, but haven’t got it set up yet. The web page is www.big-island.com. It retails for around $100, although I found mine for less on e-bay. Incidentally, when I was running through Staples the other day, I saw several answering machines with 3-4 mailboxes and decent-length outgoing message for around $50.

Brian

Okay guys, for the nth time: need some telephone recommendations - Posted by Russ Sims

Posted by Russ Sims on May 28, 1999 at 24:07:31:

I know I’ve seen this asked before. Of couse since it really didn’t pertain to me then, I didn’t pay much attention. But now I’m marketing multiple properties at the same time, so I need a good phone with a long outgoing message and at least 3 mailboxes. Cordless would be great but not mandatory. What do y’all use? Software suggestions won’t do me much good unless they’re Mac based :frowning:
Thanks in advance!