Old hotel

Wondering if anyone has any ideas on what to do with a 9,000 square foot old hotel built in the 1920’s located in a small town with a population of 800+ ?

1. Town Museum
  2. Community Center
  3. Nursing Home

I can think of lots of ideas. Do you own it, or are you thinking of buying it? Get the last few years of P&L statements as that should show you if the hotel is profitable.

Weekly or monthly rental?

Sometimes there’s a real need for very short term rental that no apt house could offer but a hotel could do.

Check around and learn if there’s such a need in your town and you might just have hit pay-dirt.

[QUOTE=JoseSG;882746]Wondering if anyone has any ideas on what to do with a 9,000 square foot old hotel built in the 1920’s located in a small town with a population of 800+ ?[/QUOTE]

OK, with a ton of info such as this I really can’t understand why you haven’t received the perfect solution. Maybe it’s because the town is in Northern Alaska 300 miles away from the next town of 200 and only accessible 6 months out of the year. My solution is to discover gold and start renting the rooms out to the miners.

OK, having a little fun, but don’t you think this is like asking us what the winning numbers are for next weeks super lotto and expecting a good answer? So type some more words like the state, how far from a town of any size, condition of the hotel, is the road into town paved, and little details like that. Plus with only 800 people you could ask everyone in town what they would like and one may actually have a good idea. One thing for sure they definitely know a lot more about it then we do.

Old Hotel

Appreciate all the ideas posted.
Thanks

JSG