On the phone or in person... does it matter? - Posted by verbatim

Posted by dell-ohio on July 12, 2003 at 14:44:34:

If you really want to know what works best, dont take anyones advise. If you want to know what will work for you. Try 25 on the phone and 25 in person and see which works the best. If there is no appreciable difference call them.

My Viewpoint

dell-ohio

On the phone or in person… does it matter? - Posted by verbatim

Posted by verbatim on July 12, 2003 at 14:14:29:

When offering to buy someones home using subject to, L/O, land trust, land contract, or any other method thats not all cash …do you think it makes a difference whether you make that offer over the phone or in person?

Some “Guru’s” say you will only find success with these methods when you are face to face with the seller. Since I know this is where to come for no fluff answers I would like to know what you all think.

Can you get the deal over the phone?

Any input given from past experiences would be greatly appreciated

Re: On the phone or in person… does it matter? - Posted by Rob FL

Posted by Rob FL on July 12, 2003 at 19:56:47:

I screen heavily over the phone.

I want to know their situation, the info about the house, etc. before I go spend my time visiting them. If I actually make an appointment to go see the property, then there is about an 85% chance I am going to buy it.

Time is your most valuable asset. I wouldn’t waste it driving all over town looking at questionable deals. Of course if you are a newbie, you might need the experience of doing this 40 or 50 times so that you learn the market and learn why it’s a waste of time to visit non-motivated sellers and marginal deals.

Can’t get a signature over the phone. - NTXT - Posted by Brent_IL

Posted by Brent_IL on July 12, 2003 at 14:56:20: