Once and for all - Yes Newbies it works in your state city town neighborhood whatever - Posted by Mike Oldfield

Posted by Mike Oldfield on May 17, 1999 at 23:26:33:

I had to get it off my chest matt.

Now i can in good conscience give it up

I love real estate

\

Mike Oldfield

Once and for all - Yes Newbies it works in your state city town neighborhood whatever - Posted by Mike Oldfield

Posted by Mike Oldfield on May 14, 1999 at 17:57:10:

This question will never stop but I am going to try to stomp it out right now. I will take on the overwheliming odds all by my wee little only self.

Does it work in my ______ Fill in the blank state city town neighborhood even country for you canadiens.

It doesnt really matter much which question or which course or which guru.

YES THEY ALL WORK! ARE YOU HAPPY NOW.

Now for the more sensible newbies. Obviously, like everything else, some strategies work better than others in different locals for different circumstances of differeent newbies with different goals.

I am an advocate for the NEWBIES MUST LEARN TO THINK FOR THEMSELVES club. I am encouraging newbies to ask more specific and challenging questions and the experienced investors like me will have more fun answering them.

Please do something to help yourselves. Do your homework. You’re letting simple stuff get in your way. This will not do. I want you to make the big time. You must learn to think or you wont make it. PUSH YOURSELF TO LEARN TO THINK!

BE SPECIFIC! ASK GOOD QUESTIONS!

Thanks for listening,

We love to help but make it harder will ya!

Thanks again, I love ya newbies,

Mike Oldfield

P.S. Every day of my life since I read my first real estate book I have loved this business for all the same reasons you do. I have never stop pursuing greatness in this business. but sometimes it can be discouraging when they deals are few and the days are long.

This little saying keeps me going day in a day out when i start to get discouraged (which isnt very often).

“Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity.”

I have been preparing and practicing and applying and trying and reading for years and years. I have gained financial independence investing in real estate. I feel a strong obligation to contribute to your success because of the countless hundreds who have contributed to mine in a selfless and enthusuastic way.

Let me share this with you. This is the best investing week I have ever had in my six years in the business. I have been working on a package deal back and forth with a particular individual on and off for five years. All the preparation, sleepless nights, pounding the pavement and studying materials, inventing new solutions to new situations has finally paid off BEYOND MY WILDEST DREAMS. I have purchased a package of 17 properties with 43 units at discounts of up to 30% of FMV with a positive cash flow of over for $11,000 per month or over $141,000 annually all for no money down. Each properties aquisition strategy was unique in some ways and similar in others. When this opportunity finally popped after five years of nurturing, I have worked day and night for 9 days straight to put it together. Because of this site, I was able to share it with all of you. I hope this inspires the newbies and experienced investors alike. Someday soon my real life will exceed my dreams. THINK BIG NEWBIES It can happen to you.

KEEP THE FAITH BROTHERS (AND SISTERS) IT PAYS OFF!

Re: Once and for all - Yes Newbies it works in your state city town neighborhood whatever - Posted by TimNY

Posted by TimNY on May 19, 1999 at 21:27:05:

Mike-
Enjoyed reading your posts, especially the part about you being able to quit your job in three years. What techniques did you use at first? Did you have cash on hand at first? I’m asking because I’m in the WNY area also and want to see what can be done when you have NO CASH. Thanks.

Re: Once and for all - Yes Newbies it works in your state city town neighborhood whatever - Posted by Debbie

Posted by Debbie on May 18, 1999 at 11:26:45:

Mike,
I have watched CS infomercial on TV off and on for sometime, and just discovered this site today. I spent several hours reading tons of comments on this site, and I respect your honesty and willingness to help us newbies. I also repsect the fact that you say this will work with dedication and hard work. this is not a get rich quick scheme. I do need some advice. I do have a little background in real estate (banking) and have purchased a properety at foreclosure, renovated it and sold it for a profit. However, since that time we bought a retail business (mistake) which has zapped our cash flow (except for some IRA’s), and even though our credit isn’t horrible, it isn’t as good as it used to be. How do we proceed? Save some money, fix our credit and then proceed? This may take longer than we would like because of the retail investment. Do we take CS course? Read books? Can we do anything (realistically) without money down? I would appreciate your honest opinion on how to start out from one who is willing to work hard and not expect an instant return but who would like to get started now.

Re: Once and for all - Yes Newbies it works in your state city town - Posted by Matthew Chan

Posted by Matthew Chan on May 17, 1999 at 23:20:55:

Mike,

Sigh… Apparently your post is not strong, noticeable, or convincing enough (maybe it is invisible), the same questions are still coming… “Does it work in XYZ?” Let’s just say , “No, it doesn’t. Go get a regular job.”

Re: Once and for all - Yes Newbies it works in your state city town neighborhood whatever - Posted by Shelva

Posted by Shelva on May 14, 1999 at 23:00:27:

Mike…

Well Done! from a BRAND NEWBie! I totally agree and appreciate your effort in welcoming us Newbies! It takes character and success conditioning in real life with a super personality to say the words you have said Mike.

Constant and Never Ending Learning is the key… I will implement what you have learnt to compress time in my learning. Congratulations on your ‘deserved’ winnings! Whichever course…applied knowledge is power.

To increase Cash Flow…planning to get Ron Legrand’s course and ofcourse this website and start do some flipping…whatever…action is critical

Mike…Thank you for completing the Circle of Life by giving back to us newbies what you have learnt!

Shelva