Online Appraisals - Posted by Brian W

Posted by Lori Samson on June 04, 2000 at 01:08:14:

I tried it and didn’t like the out dated comps.I tried several properties today that I had appraised recently because of refiance or selling and I didn’t get any accurate info. Not even close. Lori

Online Appraisals - Posted by Brian W

Posted by Brian W on June 03, 2000 at 08:04:29:

I asked for help in finding this site, but found it myself.
The URL is www.homegain.com If you type in the full street address, it will give you a value range for the house. It also shows you the addresses, sq.ft of the last three comparable sales within a user defined area, such as .5 miles etc. This is an Outstanding tool for getting a good sense of values in a particular area, especially when you can go and look at the three most recent comps in order to assess their outward appearance etc. Great site .

Re: Online Appraisals - Posted by dewCO

Posted by dewCO on June 04, 2000 at 20:37:51:

Don’t mistake comparables for an appraisal. They are two different things, totally.

However, try domainia.com and their price checks. Seemed like they were fairly up to date with lots of comarables.

Mine wasn’t accurate, either - Posted by Steve (Vancouver, WA)

Posted by Steve (Vancouver, WA) on June 04, 2000 at 11:15:30:

I checked my own home in their calculator, and it showed an incorrect bed/bath ratio, smaller lot size, and even though the sale date was accurate, the stated purchase price was $20,000 MORE than we actually paid for it. That doesn’t sound like too reliable of an estimate, in my opinion.

Try www.iown.com - Posted by Monique

Posted by Monique on June 04, 2000 at 09:42:28:

Brian,

Try www.iown.com.

It isn’t a substitute for an appraisal, but it does list recent sales better than homegain/domainia does.
However, it does not give beds/baths/lot size or anything else that will allow you to determine what the actual comparable homes are. It’s good just for ballpark info.

Monique