Opening results of the Mobile Home Mass Mailing Experiment - Posted by Dirk Roach

Posted by tom h on June 16, 1999 at 23:12:53:

hi dirk
i just send you an email, idon’t know whether you got it… need some advice from you

thanks
tom in oceanside

Opening results of the Mobile Home Mass Mailing Experiment - Posted by Dirk Roach

Posted by Dirk Roach on June 16, 1999 at 23:09:05:

Hi everyone,
Last Saturday (6-12-99) I targeted a mobile home park, which I have been working with on Lonnie Deals (owner financed used mobile homes).
So I mailed out 260 postcards (every mobile home in the park).
I am happy to report that as of tonight, Wednesday (6-16-99) I have had 17 calls from them.
That’s not bad.
So far I am of the opinion that mass mailings to a park could be an added strategy for Lonnie Deals.
Dirk

Re: Opening results of the Mobile Home Mass Mailing Experiment - Posted by John Estell(Denver)

Posted by John Estell(Denver) on June 17, 1999 at 11:55:36:

Dirk, how do you get the addresses or do you just send a bunch of mail to the manager for them to pass out? What do you say to your prospects in your mailing? Thanks in advance.

Re: Opening results of the Mobile Home Mass Mailing Experiment - Posted by Lisa Abbate

Posted by Lisa Abbate on June 17, 1999 at 10:38:25:

Very impressive. Did you use letters or postcards? What did you say?
I’m getting ready to do a small mailing in a neighborhood. --Lisa

Re: Opening results of the Mobile Home Mass Mailing Experiment - Posted by JaimeR_NJ

Posted by JaimeR_NJ on June 17, 1999 at 09:26:16:

Dirk: That’s about a 6.5% response rate which is almost unheard of in direct mail! Of course the response rate average does go up some when its targeted as your sample was.

Congrats! I think that’s a fabulous response.

Re: Opening results of the Mobile Home Mass Mailing Experiment - Posted by Dan Fink

Posted by Dan Fink on June 17, 1999 at 07:03:43:

Dirk,

The mass mailing works great to find buyers also. Offer a finders fee to anyone who brings you a buyer. People who live in mobile homes also know people who would live in a mobile home if someone gave them a chance to own it. Sons daugthers aunts and uncles freinds ect . You get the picture.

Good luck Dan Fink