Opinions on housing prices in the near future - Posted by Joel

Posted by Ronald * Starr(in No CA) on August 12, 2003 at 11:02:18:

Joel---------

This question falls under the category of “IT doesn’t matter” as far as I am concerned.

If you are either a long-term investor or a quick-turn investor, you don’t pay much attention to market price fluctuations. They are irrelevant.

I have discussed this at length previously. Many people have commendted before. Try putting “bubble” into the search function and see what you can find.

Good InvestingRon Starr*****

Opinions on housing prices in the near future - Posted by Joel

Posted by Joel on August 12, 2003 at 10:37:44:

Just wondering what you guys think about how housing prices will react to the higher interest rates that seem to be looming in our future…slower appreciation? Reverse appreciation? Things staying the way they are?

Just curious as to why you think this way also.

Thanks!

Joel

Re: Opinions on housing prices in the near future - Posted by Steve-nc

Posted by Steve-nc on August 12, 2003 at 12:17:09:

Joel-

I agree with Ronald Starr. If the property works for what you are doing, who cares about the price, interest rates etc.

Having said that, I look at price and interest rates and the real estate market as an economic forecast, if you will, and adjust how to purchase and what to do with current investment properties. Opportunities arise as things change. And seeing those changes coming allows one to get prepared for those coming opportunities.

Simply put, in the resent past, interest rates have been extremly low and have held up real estate values, and all the benifits and opportunities that have come with it. Now, although still extremely low, intersest rates are creeping up, and if real estate values hold or continue to increase could this be a sign the economy is getting stronger? I think so. Or is this just a hick-up in interest rates. If the economy has bottomed out, which I think it has in my area, and is on the come back, I welcome the change and am going to jump on the opportunities it will bring.

My Soap Box
Steve-nc