Opinions on Richard Allen's book.... - Posted by Pavon Bailey

Posted by Rick Vesole on January 27, 2000 at 23:05:37:

and that all your great commentary is the result of an accumulation of knowledge from all your previous lives.

Opinions on Richard Allen’s book… - Posted by Pavon Bailey

Posted by Pavon Bailey on January 27, 2000 at 15:24:33:

Hello, fellow investors!

I’m a 22 year old college student. I just checked out this book from my school library. The name of the book is “HOW TO WRITE A NOTHING DOWN OFFER” by Richard Allen. Has anyone read this book? If so, please critique it. I’ve skimmed the pages, and it looks like a very good and interesting book. Thank you.

Pavon

Re: Opinions on Richard Allen’s book… - Posted by phil fernandez

Posted by phil fernandez on January 27, 2000 at 18:18:51:

Pavon,

If you are talking about a book written by Richard Allen, the brother of Robert Allen titled " How To Write A Nothing Down Offer So Everyone Wins " or something like that, it’s a great book.

I purchased the book in the early 80’s before most of you were born. It is a book that has 50 actual deals described in great detail which incorporates many ways to get into a property with no money.

To this day in my opinion, it might be the best creative real estate book ever written. If you can get your hands on it, do it.

I was born WAY before 1980, but I’m not quite as old as you and Piper! Õ¿Õ (nt) - Posted by Jim IL

Posted by Jim IL on January 28, 2000 at 03:39:42:

Robert G. Allen worth a read also - Posted by Nancy Cason

Posted by Nancy Cason on January 27, 2000 at 18:59:30:

Sorry fellas when I was born is not a topic for internet. Gentlemen don’t ask and ladies don’t tell (the ladies age).

Pavon
Even though a lot of tax law has changed since Creating Wealth was written by Robert G. Allen the basics concepts are the same. I suggest you read both books and DON’T skim. Read and digest the concepts.

Robert Allen also wrote “Nothing Down” but I prefer his second book, his experience as a writer shows up in the second book. He starts out talking about Myths and how they affect our decision making without our even being aware of it. And analyzing your own myths is important before you dig into the details of wheeling and dealing.

Ignore John T. Reed, he writes with a poison pen. Yes the Allen’s had some trouble but that was because they tried to grow too fast. Take the time to learn, take action, and constantly install edits on your behaviour by learning from the mistakes of others.

HAVE FUN AND KEEP A POSITIVE MENTAL ATTITUDE

Nancy

Re: Opinions on opinion - Posted by Jim LaVerdi

Posted by Jim LaVerdi on January 27, 2000 at 18:50:24:

Phil,
I don’t know any of the people on this site besides 3 (Hi Fred, Bill, and Keiran) and they were all born prior to 1980! Do you think you are the oldest person on this site? Sounds to me like you were talking to our favorite uncle…“UNCLE ARTHUR- D” or have you taken on a new identity?

Re: Opinions on Richard Allen’s book… - Posted by JPiper

Posted by JPiper on January 27, 2000 at 18:27:22:

Hi Phil:

Just thought I’d mention that I was born before 1980…in case you didn’t know.

JPiper