Opportunities out the wazzu!! - Posted by Jonathan Branch

Posted by dd on June 12, 2000 at 13:03:28:

I got a kick out of your post----a newbie who wants to do it all—and by cob today!!! Sit down, take a deep breath, and look around—take stock of yourself and your community. You’ve taken your first few steps, buying and studying ONE course, now for the next steps. Look at what you’ve studied and then at your community. What’s your re market like—what can you do there right now. You have not done a “plan” for your new business venture—mistake #1—do it now. What are your needs and goals, consistent with what your market will provide??? When you outline your needs and goals you can begin to identify the various re techniques that can meet those needs and goals. Then you must begin to learn all you can about those techniques and apply them to actual transactions—until you are an expert at what you do. Zero in on one or two re techniques, thats going to be more than you can handle for quite awhile.
Now----get going----lol

Opportunities out the wazzu!! - Posted by Jonathan Branch

Posted by Jonathan Branch on June 12, 2000 at 12:20:48:

So many properties, so little knowledge and no experience-that’s my delema. I don’t have very much credit and much of what I do have is not very good. I dont have a lot of money, but I can get my hands on some- so here goes. There is a 6 unit property listed in a very “rich” area of Norfolk, VA(my home). “Rich” meaning 60-75% rentals and the like. They are asking a price that would appear to be a steal according to what I can charge for rent in this area (according to the 10% yearly return on my investment idea. CS). Not to mention the units are already leased! Should I pursue with a vengance or try something a little less uh, should I say involved? I’ve had CS’s course for about 2 months now and I’m so eager to make deals I’m jittery. Flipping, rehab, Prehab, rental, management, cash flow, etc., etc., etc. Where does a guy begin? I’ll start anywhere. I don’t want to miss a good deal. Offer suggestions please.

Emphatically gratefull,
Jonathan

Re: Opportunities out the wazzu!! - Posted by Paul

Posted by Paul on June 17, 2000 at 18:45:01:

Hey Jonathan,
I live here in VB contant me and maybe we can discuss some of the details over a cup of coffee.