Opportunity in NY?? - Posted by Matt

Posted by Matt on March 26, 2006 at 21:42:37:

Thanks for the imput Luke, I appreciate it. I’ll be relocating on or about 1 May. I’ve been wanting to do this for a few months now, have been reading and learning all that I can get my hands on. Hopefully, I’ll be able to have things in swing come this summer.

Opportunity in NY?? - Posted by Matt

Posted by Matt on March 25, 2006 at 09:14:17:

Hello all, I’m just getting into this business, and I was wondering, is upstate New York a good place for me to start. I grew up there, but haven’t been there in almost 10 years. I recently accepted a new position in the Albany, NY area, so I figure now is the time to get into real estate. I’m 25, and would like to get started as soon as possible, but I just wanted to find out what the housing market there is like. Thanks all…

Re: Opportunity in NY?? - Posted by Luke Hoppel

Posted by Luke Hoppel on March 25, 2006 at 10:09:39:

First off, I think there is opportunity everywhere but I do believe that certain areas require certain investment techniques to maximize your profit.
I grew up in Syracuse, NY and joined the Marines. I’m getting out in about 6 months and am planning on moving back to upstate because I think there is tremendous opportunity up there.
It’s a cash flow heavy/very low appreciation area but I think it’s prime for buying cheap, fixers, Lease-options,pre-foreclosures and subject2.
Good Luck,
Luke
Shoot me an email some time at uslukemc@hotmail.com. I would like to keep in touch and see how you do up there.