oral contract - Posted by ed finney

Posted by dealmaker on May 08, 2006 at 18:05:39:

Short answer, NO. Contracts for the sale of Real Property must be in writing. Sorry to say this, but it’s time to move on. Or wait for the listing to expire at which time you can say “I told you so” to the seller and then reduce your offer 10%.

dealmaker

oral contract - Posted by ed finney

Posted by ed finney on May 08, 2006 at 16:22:01:

I live in ny state. the seller is in fl. he is a personal acquaintence of ours. He has a lot in ny that he has been trying to sell. he had another contract on the lot but the dates were not met and he and his att. was waiting for a signed release from the buyer. I spoke to him and told him the terms which was a cash offer for less then he wanted when it was listed with the realtor, along with a fast closing. he told me to call his atty. and let her know about the contract
that we spoke about. she said that her client already called her and gave her the terms and conditions of the contract, that she would write up as soon as a release from the previous buyer came in which should be soon. we contacted the atty last week an she told us the the release came in and that she was going to contact us to tell us that and send the release to the seller to sign. we drove by the lot and found out that a real estate sign was put on the property a few days later. I called the atty. and was told that the seller was contacted by the realtor and was told that he could get him more money. will the oral contract that i had with the seller and the atty hold up in court. thank you

For RE, written agreement required - Posted by John Merchant

Posted by John Merchant on May 13, 2006 at 09:51:49:

Every state requires that any & all RE contracts be in writing & signed to be legally enforceable.

Oral agreements are meaningless in RE deals, legally non-existent,worthless & totally unenforceable.

By the way, I found your post hard to read, with your non-use of capitals & paragraphs so I’d advise you to revert to proper English if you want to get help on these forums…interesting that you were able to capitalize word “I” but little else.