Organizing Mail Responses - Posted by stacy

Posted by Bill K. - FL on March 06, 2000 at 15:33:18:

Keep it simple and get their ph# and give them a call. Find out what they have etc. I would keep the list by address if you are following up with the ones that didn’t call. With the ones that do call make up a property info sheet with dates talked to and what was said. I also will follow up every week or so even if just to leave a message with my name and ph#. Do what works for you. You could put it all on computer if so inclined with prospecting software or use a legal pad like I do.

Organizing Mail Responses - Posted by stacy

Posted by stacy on March 06, 2000 at 15:17:21:

Just started mailing postcards out to rentals and FSBO. Have received several calls, but I’m finding it difficult to keep my records straight of who I’ve mailed, talked to, etc. Even though I’m letting the answering service get the calls, finding the caller’s info. in hundreds of mailers isn’t easy. There’s got to be an easier way. Any of you using record systems you’d be kind enough to share.
THANKS…

Re: Organizing Mail Responses - Posted by lyal_MN

Posted by lyal_MN on March 08, 2000 at 08:32:58:

Index cards work well too when you’re just starting. You can jot down lots of info (front and back) and set them up in a follow-up (“tickler”) file by date.
Lyal

www.contactplus.com - Posted by Lonnie B. Turner

Posted by Lonnie B. Turner on March 06, 2000 at 20:56:23:

Try it. It is a well thought out program & it will not put a big strain on your pockets either. You can download it from www.hotfiles.com for free.

First class or coach - Posted by Bud Branstetter

Posted by Bud Branstetter on March 06, 2000 at 17:29:58:

There are those that use Excell spread sheets or even Outlook. If you know how to program Access is a relational database. If you want to go first class consider ACT. It is meant for this purpose.

Re: Organizing Mail Responses - Posted by John

Posted by John on March 06, 2000 at 15:41:41:

What Bill said “keep it simple.” I use Palm V. It’s a great product and keeps my entire business automated & computerized. Good luck!