orlando eviction - Posted by Chris

Posted by Chris on April 18, 2006 at 21:27:30:

tenant travels a lot and apartment may be vacant when eviction occurs, in NY state we simply do a set out and clean out the place and put their belongings on the curb, is that the case in Orange County?

orlando eviction - Posted by Chris

Posted by Chris on April 17, 2006 at 17:59:37:

How long does it typically take to evict in Orlando, Paperwork for non-payment was sent to attorney last week.

Re: orlando eviction - Posted by Chris in FL

Posted by Chris in FL on April 18, 2006 at 13:08:49:

Chris, Rich said eviction takes as long as 30-45 days in FL. My experience is only in Lakeland, but unless there is a glitch, it only takes me about 3 weeks (maybe 4 worst case). I have one now where the judge misunderstood the case (he was notifying the tenant to pay rent that Section 8 had already paid me, when the eviction was for not taking care of the house), so it will take a little longer, but that is the exception not the rule. However, I do them myself, and do everything promptly. An attourney who is “not in a hurry” might slow down the process considerably. It seems like I have heard people from Pcreia complain about eviction being done through a local attourney and taking longer than it should. Hope that sheds some light…

Re: orlando eviction - Posted by Rob FL

Posted by Rob FL on April 17, 2006 at 20:00:15:

Uncontested evictions in Orange County should not take more than 3 weeks tops. I’ve done plenty there.

Re: orlando eviction - Posted by RichV(FL)

Posted by RichV(FL) on April 17, 2006 at 19:09:43:

Chris,

In Fl it takes about 30-45 days max, depending on how busy the courts are.

My last eviction was in Charlotte County (south of Sarasota). It took only 16 days. That was for non payment of rent. I guess the courts were not busy that month. LOL.

Keep in mind that Charlotte is a much smaller county than Orange.

RichV(FL)