OT - Think And Grow Rich - Posted by Bryan-SactoCA

Posted by Brent_IL on August 13, 2003 at 21:00:20:

OT - Think And Grow Rich - Posted by Bryan-SactoCA

Posted by Bryan-SactoCA on August 13, 2003 at 17:01:53:

I just read Think And Grow Rich (finally, after owning a copy for a year!). I’d like to know if anybody here has tried Napoleon Hill’s “autosuggestion” methods and if they work. I know this is OT but this is the only place I could think of to ask.

Re: OT - Think And Grow Rich - Posted by Anne_ND

Posted by Anne_ND on August 14, 2003 at 08:04:51:

Hi Bryan,

Three years ago I recommended this book to my Intro Biology class of 200 students. I was trying to get them to take responsibility for their grades and their lives.

Weirdly enough, I noticed a few weeks later that the college B&N bookstore had a special display of these books and I asked why. They said that so many students had come in asking for it that they’d special ordered them. Frankly I was shocked that my students were reading anything other than what was required.

Last March I was at an award ceremony for local entreprenuers. The student award winner was a young woman who had come up with a business plan that she’d actually turned into a business. It involves using DNA to construct an individual’s picture. I congratulated her on her success and she told me she had taken that class from me, read Think and Grow Rich and it had changed her life. She’s now a 22-year old award-winning business owner.

I love this story because it shows you never know who is listening and what you say can have a profound effect on someone’s life.

So yes, this book is very powerful.

good luck,
Anne

Re: OT - Think And Grow Rich - Posted by Marcos

Posted by Marcos on August 14, 2003 at 07:31:28:

This book is a classic. I recommend getting it on tape. There is a two tape series that you can get for under $15. I have listened to it literally dozens of times and everytime I do, I get more information out of it.

HTH,

Marcos

Re: OT - Think And Grow Rich - Posted by Brnet_IL

Posted by Brnet_IL on August 13, 2003 at 17:28:48:

A few years ago I took a self-hypnosis class at COD. I had had several strokes and my brain was running in low gear. It worked so well that I stopped doing it and drifted into depression. Recently I started doing affirmations and the like, and I seem to be operating at a higher level. I’m still a mope, but I’m working toward the big breakthrough. Were I you, I’d certainly try it.

Re: OT - Think And Grow Rich - Posted by Jack

Posted by Jack on August 13, 2003 at 17:27:46:

I not only have tried them, but truly believe they work. Hill’s book is and always will be the ultimate book on wealth.

Abridged or Unabridged Version? - Posted by Curt Dalton

Posted by Curt Dalton on August 14, 2003 at 15:05:13:

Which one do you have, Marcos?

Thx,
Curt

thanks marcos! nt - Posted by jmoorre

Posted by jmoorre on August 14, 2003 at 13:37:21:

nt

Re: OT - Think And Grow Rich - Posted by Jim FL

Posted by Jim FL on August 13, 2003 at 19:07:57:

Brent,
No offense, but unless someone is from where you are, they would probably have no idea what “COD” is.
For those of us from Dupage area, we know.

Kinda cool you are from there.
Always good to see people online from “Back home”.

Glad you are doing well and not allowing a stroke to stop you.

Take care,
Jim FL (used to be illinois)

P.S. Great book by the way, and yes, I do use some of the things mentioned in it.

Re: OT - Think And Grow Rich - Posted by Brent_IL

Posted by Brent_IL on August 13, 2003 at 20:04:38:

Thanks, Jim. You’ll always be Jim IL to me.

COD = College of Dupage. It’s in Dupage County, Illinois. I think it’s the largest junior college in the nation. They have lots of alternative and non-credit courses. Self-hypnosis was one of them.

COD? - Posted by GL - ON

Posted by GL - ON on August 13, 2003 at 20:53:16:

Years ago a military friend gave me an old footlocker. On the lid it had his name and address ending in “COD Cobourg”.

I said “I didn’t know they made you pay for shipping your own stuff”.

He gave me one of those “what an idiot” looks and explained that “COD” meant “Canadian Ordnance Depot”.

Ha ha,I guess the joke was on me.