Other RE gurus..Mark Haroldsen / George Bockl anyone read these? - Posted by Glenn(OKLA)

Posted by chris on April 24, 2000 at 17:29:49:

Mark Holocek was the name I was thinking of. He is the Sheets’ associate Reed mentioned who sent him Sheets’ course materials.

MY mistake. Sorry for the error.

-Chris

Other RE gurus…Mark Haroldsen / George Bockl anyone read these? - Posted by Glenn(OKLA)

Posted by Glenn(OKLA) on April 23, 2000 at 18:36:41:

I was wondering what happened to these 2 guys. I have BOTH thier books…but I have heard not a word here about them…i would imagine George Bockl has passed on…BUT mark haroldsen wouldnt yet be that old…

I was just curious to see if either one stuck with REI or went on to other endeavors

Mark Haroldsen - Posted by John Behle

Posted by John Behle on April 24, 2000 at 24:24:21:

Yes, some of the companies that Mark originally founded went down the tubes a few years ago. They had moved away from marketing real estate courses and materials many years ago when there was a lot of bad press.

Mark had been in retirement and stepped in right at the last to try to save the companies when the problems became apparent.

He has always been a real estate and paper investor and has a multi million dollar portfolio.

Mark O. Haroldsen: Selling Gum Ball machines - last I heard - Posted by John J.

Posted by John J. on April 23, 2000 at 22:16:14:

The following appeared in his local newspaper, The Salt Lake Tribune (www.sltrib.com), 8/15/97, pg. C-12:
“Financial Freedom Report Fined. A Salt Lake City-based business affiliated with get-rich-quick author Mark O. Haroldsen has been ordered by the Utah Division of Consumer Protection to pay an $83,000 fine for violations of the state’s Consumer Sales Practices Act. … the company failed to contest state allegations of wrongdoing in an 83-count state administrative action. … since 1992, the state has secured approximately $500,000 in refunds from the company, but hundreds of additional complaints from disgruntled consumers have yet to be addressed. … Financial Freedom Report and its subsidiary, FFR Marketing, have ceased business operations. The fine is the second in two years the state has levied against the company. In June, 1996, the FTC filed a complaint against Haroldsen’s FreeCom Communications and a handful of affiliated companies.”
The state action dealt with Haroldsen’s seminars on being able to get wealthy from buying Haroldsen’s candy and gum-bal vending machines and placing them in various locations.

Re: Mark Haroldsen - Posted by chris

Posted by chris on April 24, 2000 at 03:12:37:

John-

Didn’t he partner with Sheets or another guru in the past? I believe that is what I read at John T. Reed’s site.

-Chris

Re: Mark Haroldsen - Posted by Glenn(OKLA)

Posted by Glenn(OKLA) on April 24, 2000 at 24:56:01:

Thanks John…i suppose the principles he talks about in his book" Wake up the Financial Genius" are pretty safe…altho basic …I had this book given to me as a gift…printed in 1976…so I am taking many of the laws and tax procedures and mentally applying current stuff as i read…i think i have read this book 10 times LOL…I will be buying “Rich Dad Poor Dad” soon…

thanks for the reply

Re: Mark O. Haroldsen: Selling Gum Ball machines - last I heard - Posted by Glenn(okla)

Posted by Glenn(okla) on April 23, 2000 at 23:01:11:

Gee he should have stuck with REI…LOL

Re: Mark Haroldsen - Posted by John Behle

Posted by John Behle on April 24, 2000 at 17:04:32:

I re-read Reed’s site. I don’t see what you said there and I’ve never heard of Haroldsen having anything to do with Sheets.