Out of State Owners - Posted by Dan

Posted by TJ_MI on December 30, 1999 at 13:32:14:

Mark,

Did you by any chance use a “nation-wide” title company (if so, which one?)or a local firm?

HNY,

Tom

Out of State Owners - Posted by Dan

Posted by Dan on December 29, 1999 at 11:09:38:

I haven’t heard a good answer on this yet but does anyone know how to find out of state homeowners? I’m in northern Virginia and looking for certian counties there and in DC and Maryland.

1. Dataquick doesn’t have it.
  2. Local Courthouse can only give me information on a house by house basis not all out of state homeowners for a county thereby making their information public but useless for most mailing purposes.
  3. Was told Title Companies have that but none I’ve talked with have it.

Any suggestions would be most appreciated.

Thanks!

Re: Out of State Owners - Posted by Mark (SDCA)

Posted by Mark (SDCA) on December 30, 1999 at 10:55:45:

Title Companies DO have it. Mine calls it a farm. They just pulled all out of state owners in the city I wanted that have owned the property at least 4 years. 200 names. It makes VERY interesting reading. (The MOST interesting part of it for me is that about 5% of the letters have been returned. How are these people paying their tax bills? Sadly, THOSE are the people I really need to reach. And I am not sure how to do it.)

Mark

Don’t shoot me when I suggest… - Posted by Carmen_FL

Posted by Carmen_FL on December 29, 1999 at 16:22:53:

that realtors probably have this info (I do, in Florida, and can download this info to ASCII).

The MLS, although that’s not its primary purpose, will allow you to search the Tax Rolls here in Florida. Perhaps it is the same in your state. Most realtors are not even aware of this, and those that are have no clue how to download the info, but once you find just ONE who knows how (and will do it for you - maybe you can pay them?) you’ll be set.

I’m sure the title companies have the same software system as the realtors; they may just not be willing to do the work of downloading for you (it can be time consuming, depending on the software being used).

Anyway, if you have any realtor / title company /mortgage company friends or anyone tied to the MLS, and are computer handy, it could solve your problems if they allowed you in to tinker.

Saludos, Carmen

Re: I’m sureFARES has it - Posted by Stacy (AZ)

Posted by Stacy (AZ) on December 29, 1999 at 11:20:07:

First American Real Estate Solutions product, Win2Data 2000, has this information, I’m sure. However, it’s not free. If you are interested you could contact a sales rep in your area and ask about it. The web address is www.firstam.com. Also, Joe Kaiser has a sales rep that will give a great discount on the product. The program not only will find out of state owners, but will print the labels for your mailings.

Good luck-

Stacy

Good luck.