Out of Town Sales!!!! - Posted by Tony James

Posted by Tony James on December 16, 1999 at 12:07:38:

I seen a mortgage company that i would like to deal with. But they said they are only able to do business in their state. So what my question is,do they mean the borrower has to be in the state also? I’m sure the property would have to be.

Another question I have is…you travel all the way there to view the property? Has to be expensive if you do allot of deals.

Out of Town Sales!!! - Posted by Tony James

Posted by Tony James on December 16, 1999 at 09:36:43:

Is there a way to buy property out of ones State, have someone Fix it up, and Sell it, without even ever seeing it? If so, is this recommended? I see allot of property out of town for sale, and I see financing in other states, with better terms. I want to take advantage of the opportunity.

Yes maybe… - Posted by Mark (SDCA)

Posted by Mark (SDCA) on December 16, 1999 at 09:58:42:

It certainly can be done. I buy all my property out of state. I don’t recommend you do it without seeing it though. How do you know what is even there or what shape it is in? Unless you have a realtor and contractor/handyman that you trust implicitly. At the very least, I would recommend that you inspect the property after you have a signed contract but before you close. Hope this helps,

Mark