P/A Question - Posted by Scott

Posted by Jim on February 27, 2001 at 14:16:45:

Scott.

You can do it anyway you want to. Bringing the notary to the house is something I personally wouldn’t do. (Makes seller feel pressured).

I just take them down to a local Mail boxes etc when they’re ready to sign away. There’s always a notary there and it just makes everyone feel a little more at ease so to speak.

Oh…Take them down in your car!. It’s the professional way to do it. (At least I think it is anyway)

and…No, your question was not stupid! The stupidest question, is the question NOT ASKED!

Best of luck my friend

Hope this helped

Jim

P/A Question - Posted by Scott

Posted by Scott on February 27, 2001 at 11:16:18:

Hi Everyone,
Getting ready to do that first deal, and thought of a simple (and probably stupid) question. When meeting with the seller, do I bring a notary along with me? Or, is it better to go to the title company to sign the p/a? I hope I am not over-analyzing this, just wondered how this is done.
Thanks in advance.

Re: P/A Question - Posted by Brent_IL

Posted by Brent_IL on February 27, 2001 at 19:54:41:

I’ve had my wife, a Notary, stop by the next day and tell the seller that she was reviewing the paperwork, and wanted to make sure that this was the contract he signed. Once he acknowledges his signature in her presence, she notarizes it after she leaves. In Illinois, a spouse can notarize the other spouse?s signature. Works with friends also. Most Realtors are Notaries, if they?re around.