PacTrust compared to L/O- want to gain some focus? - Posted by L(NYC)

Posted by ToolBar_SC on June 06, 2000 at 11:19:16:

I’ll reply and hope you read it before this post gets removed.

This shouldn’t be an either/or situation. Do what you feel comfortable with and what you know the most about. If it’s L/O’s or Flips then do them.

A PacTrust is just the final wrapping, an effective wrapping of protection you might say. You can do many types of CRE and wrap it inside of a PacTrust or don’t wrap it. The choice to wrap or not is yours. But your choice shouldn’t be do one or the other. In truth you can’t do a PacTrust unless you do some form of REI, creative or not.

I suggest you read further on the subject of Trusts and PacTrusts. Then you will see why I state its not a choice of do one or the other but should I wrap my deal in a PacTrust, or any Trust, or not.

PacTrust compared to L/O- want to gain some focus? - Posted by L(NYC)

Posted by L(NYC) on June 06, 2000 at 09:33:58:

I have been self teaching myself REI for the last four months and so far I feel that I have been pretty good with stayiong motivated. But now I feel that I may have hit a crossroad between picking disciplines, I want to focus prmarily on flips and L/O or Pactrusts. I have read a good amount on both topics but I now want to focus on one and become an exert with that one. I would like to know if people have been succesful with PacTrusts? and if they have done both ( L/O and Pac) why did they choose one over the other? Also, is a Pactrust a succeful entity in a climate such as NYC? I would appreciate any help suggestions or advice, good luck to all.

Re: PacTrust compared to L/O- want to gain some focus? - Posted by GIO

Posted by GIO on June 07, 2000 at 19:29:45:

if you plan on doing l/o’s in nyc or the boroughs and not use any of your money on other peoples prop. Good Luck !!! i’ve had ZERO luck in my recent attempts and the houses that were not yet sold were not motivated enough. i’m still trying it with the phone and using a plan similar to Conti and Finkel. (no luck) If you have any luck PLEASE let me know. THANK YOU