PACTRUST( what is it) - Posted by Mike

Posted by Mike on January 26, 2001 at 11:39:17:

Bill,

I do appreciate your response!

Thank you

PACTRUST( what is it) - Posted by Mike

Posted by Mike on January 24, 2001 at 10:40:56:

Can someone explain to me what a PACTRUST is and how it is used. I’ve read it being used instead of a Lease option. Now I’m familiar with a L/O but don’t understand the Pactrust.

Thank you for your info.
Mike

Re: PACTRUST( what is it) - Posted by Bill Gatten

Posted by Bill Gatten on January 25, 2001 at 20:39:46:

Mike,

As most folks know, I hate answering questions like this, the PT is a device designed to hold a property in a land trust while accomplishing any the objectives of seller-carry creative financing. It effectively shields against virtually ANY potential negatives normally associated with seller carries: ease of eviction; avoidance of claims of equity; simpler buyer ad/or seller motivation; ease or advertising and/or marketing a creative financing arrangement; ease of obtaining and “bumping” equity; freedom from management and maintenance responsibility; avoidance of vacancies and midnight bail-outs; avoidance of legal entanglements; protection of the title of judgment creditors and IRS claims, etc. (to name but a teesy few a few).

For more pointed info and seminar dates, click on the banner ad above (if it’s not there, refresh a couple times and it will be).

Bill Gatten