Painting them tin cans - Posted by Mike (Seattle WA)

Posted by Steve-WA on May 23, 2006 at 01:02:51:

Im sure you can, or an elec supply co

Painting them tin cans - Posted by Mike (Seattle WA)

Posted by Mike (Seattle WA) on May 22, 2006 at 18:30:10:

I’m in the opening rounds of negotiation with an owner’s brother on a nicer 1980 3/1.5 singlwide “don’t wanter”. He wants 5K, but came down to 4.5K without effort. I won’t pay near that much, but am close enough to begin talking with the PM. The PM is completely for me doing Lonnie’s in her park and already has another lead for me in the near future, but in the mean time, has requested that I paint the outside of the home if and when I aquire it.

My question to all: What’s the best way to paint a mobile that normal, aluminum metal siding without breaking the bank (and having it look worth the effort)?

Re: Painting them tin cans - Posted by Steve-WA

Posted by Steve-WA on May 22, 2006 at 19:51:21:

pressure wash it, prime it w/ OB KILZ (rinse out the sprayer REALLLLY good after with mineral spirits until it runs clear, then run warm water thru a few times), then mask off and paint the main, then paint the trim.

Depending on how the thing is put together, you may be able to spray the aluminum skirting too - and the trim? again, depends - may want to roll it on if the trim is sparse.

Check my pics at picturetrail.com/gotc in the TF74 before album - this gray w/blue will be getting the roller treatment over the ugly blue, and the gray will remain.

And i recently had a two tone paint job on a sw that I’ll get pics of tonight or tomorrow - trim sprayed, vs. rolled. - - - for comparison.

Key is to find a guy who will do it all for $300 - thats what I pay.

Re: Painting them tin cans - Posted by John

Posted by John on May 22, 2006 at 22:31:38:

Did you have a cover for that panel box? I need to get one for my new mh deal… can you buy them at home depot or lowes?