papersource and w.j. mencarow - Posted by M.B.

Posted by DanM(OR) on November 25, 1998 at 18:10:44:

MB,

He is right. You could probably ask Jon Richards that and he would probably agree. He is a featured writer in Jon’s Newletter.

Good Luck

Dan

papersource and w.j. mencarow - Posted by M.B.

Posted by M.B. on November 25, 1998 at 12:37:25:

This is a rather broad question, but what can someone tell me about papersource and w.j. mencarow? i also posted a similar message in the main news source section. i should’ve put it here originally in the paper forum. anyway, is he and his organization a reputable one? I think his website and practical knowledge are excellent. he definitely lays it on the line that this is not an easy, get rich quick, 5 minute a day type business that you can learn from a slick, 5,000 infomercially marketed seminar. he also warns people about the charlatans, which i think is very good. Still, what can someone tell me about him and the courses and programs he recommends? Which course do you feel is the best in starting in the paper and note business? Are they all pretty similar? How is John Behle’s course? (if you answer this, John, I know you’re going to say it’s great) mencarow recommends a couple of basic courses first before plunging into the more detailed and expensive ones. I think he says to try Jon Richards’ book on the discounted note business as well as Jimmy Napier’s title before moving on to the more involved and expensive packages. oh, and yes, does CRE sell any of these titles? i can’t find them in bookstores. i’m looking for napier’s book and richards’. what can someone here recommend? is this an aspect of the real estate business worth getting involved in, and can anyone do it if they study and make the effort? or is it strictly a field for highly specialized financiers and mortgage experts? thanks for any and all information and insight into these questions. Have a happy Thanksgiving!

emmbee66@yahoo.com

Re: papersource and w.j. mencarow - Posted by Don

Posted by Don on November 26, 1998 at 14:32:00:

M.B.

I recently boughtJon Richards course and I enjoyed it . I have
no regrets for doing so. I also plan on buying John Behle’s 5 day video course soon . the reason I am investing in both is very simple. I want to learn from as many people as possible
however I do not plan on buying every course and never doing any thing either.

I have already started putting out feelers to generate business. I feel that i might as well get my nose bloody learning.
I plan on brokering deals for the time being and learning the business slowly I know that if I need help that I can come to this wonderful site or the investors and get help.

The people on this site are wonderful and want to help . And I believe that the investors want to help also… after all they have something to gain if i close a deal. right?

i think the whole point is just get started…be glad you didnt get taken by the charlatans…start with someones course and ask alot of questions.
If you want to keep in touch with me and lets bounce some ideas off of each other form time to time.

Don

Read What Is Here - Posted by MN~Chicago

Posted by MN~Chicago on November 25, 1998 at 15:02:30:

MB:

From your post, it appears that you have looked through
the Papersource site and are seeking reenforcement here.

I believe if you spend some time reading all the posts,
plus the free articles John has contributed by John
here and on the other parts of this site, my guess is
that you probably would not return to other sites.

I used to read the Papersource for information and
found it to be of interest, but not satisfying. John’s
forum here puts it all together, with concrete answers
and direction. One comes to the realization that John
is The Source.

Just my opinion.

Re: papersource and w.j. mencarow - Posted by m.b.

Posted by m.b. on November 27, 1998 at 11:14:04:

Thanks for your follow-up, Don! You’re right, there are a lot of helpful people and ideas on this website. I’d be happy to share any ideas with you. I am going to try these courses myself and start by brokering. But you’re right, I guess one has to just go out there and do it or else they will never know if it is or is not possible. Thanks again and please keep in touch!

emmbee66@yahoo.com