Park Managers are the backbone of this business - Posted by Jacque - WA

Re: How did you sell it for $8k??? - Posted by Potsie Webber

Posted by Potsie Webber on March 28, 2001 at 09:18:43:

Why were you able to sell it for $8k when she could hardly give it away?

Well said, Jacque!(nt) - Posted by John_OHKY

Posted by John_OHKY on March 24, 2001 at 14:05:12:

nt

Two groups of people… - Posted by Ed Ortiz

Posted by Ed Ortiz on March 25, 2001 at 15:16:03:

Floyd,
There are two groups of people. The ones that spend their time doing things and the ones the spend their time looking for reasons for not doing anything. It seems to me that your part of the second group. I my self try to stick to the first choice. It might not be perfect,fool proof,flawless,or what ever you want to call it. But the 5 little deals that I have made in the last 6 months are making me an extra 1k a month for the next four years.
How much money are your excuses making for you right now?
Try to see things from a different perspective and if you haven’t done so yet read “Deals on Wheels”

Good luck,
Ed Ortiz

Bait & Switch… - Posted by JHyre in Ohio

Posted by JHyre in Ohio on March 25, 2001 at 11:51:26:

A more general ad gets around that…“2BR MH’s for sale, will finance, yadda yadda”…I always have 2BR’s in stock, so the ad is truthful. If I get more buyers than I have homes, I buy more homes!

John Hyre

Must have been the mini-skirt… - Posted by Pinky Swenson

Posted by Pinky Swenson on March 28, 2001 at 20:35:56:

Sorry, I couldn’t resist.

Yes, read the book, but I’ll give you a quick overview anyway. I provided financing, she wanted cash. She probably owed more on the home than what it was worth in that park. She was asking 11,500, I was asking 8,000. Though it was “for sale,” she worked 12-14 hours a day, 7 days a week, and never ran an ad as far as I know, and never showed it. Never put a sign in the window either. So basically she didn’t put much effort into it, and didn’t want to deal with it. I was willing to deal with it, with all the potential headaches that come with it.

The first few deals might not go this way, but who knows, they might. But nothing works 'til you take action. To quote Flip Wilson, “you can’t expect to hit the jackpot if you don’t put a few nickels in the machine.”

Blane