Park Managers - Posted by newbie

Posted by Greg Meade on October 15, 2003 at 07:04:15:

i would read some of doc’s current posts about this area of cal. also, not sure i would buy anything in a corporate park without doing some true due diligence, maybe with an attorney. Lot rent sounds very reasonable for this area. A very large corporation from chicago with legal firm from MN charges up to 5k for a space when and where there is no rent control. a ? that must be asked is this rent controlled? Will the protection carry over to a new buyer? Be so very careful with prices like this.
So you don’t think i am a cali hater, i will tell you i graduated from balboa high school and truly love the bay area! Prices are out of sight, so are wages! Good luck!

Park Managers - Posted by newbie

Posted by newbie on October 13, 2003 at 12:45:09:

Sorry, I have a dumb newbie question. I just ordered Deals on Wheels but it has not yet arrived. Based on an ad I placed in the local newspaper for my lease option business, I received a call from an elderly man who is trying to sell his mobile home in a park where apparently 28 other mh’s are currently for sale. This is in the bay area of northern California. He is asking $59,000 for a 2 bdrm. 2 bath 30 year old mh. The space rent is $460 per month, plus utilities. My question is, do I have to talk to the park manager before I come and look at the mh? I read where alot of you are making appointments to talk to them first so I imagine you cannot buy without first going through them? Thanks and please don’t worry about me, I won’t buy the mh until I know what I am doing.