Park Tenant's Noisy Car, What To Do? - Posted by Jack-NY

Posted by Glenn OK on April 03, 2000 at 20:46:12:

can you evict him on a nuisance reason?

or even non payment or late pay of rent?

I once knew a gentleman with lots of apartments…he made ALL tenants sign “social responsiblity” clauses…essentially stating they would NOT be LOUD, RUDE or otherwise a bother…within reason…he would succesfully evict with this document too

I wish i had a copy of that

Park Tenant’s Noisy Car, What To Do? - Posted by Jack-NY

Posted by Jack-NY on April 03, 2000 at 18:30:45:

I have a tenant in our park who has a noisy car which he thinks is a real hot-rod. He continues to make a lot of noise when he starts his car, when he leaves the park, and when he returns. Also when he leaves the park he goes like a bad out of he*l. I have sent him numerous letters regarding this problem and it appears that he may get upset with these letters so he then makes more noise, I’ve counted at least 24 times that he reves up the engine before he leaves. This has sparked the attention of several neighbors, it also wakes people up all hours of the day and night. What should I do about this problem? he also has a problem with paying the rent on time I don’t know if this is related to the car problem or not, all suggestions are welcome, and thanks for the help…

Re: Park Tenant’s Noisy Car, What To Do? - Posted by Jim IL

Posted by Jim IL on April 04, 2000 at 22:34:05:

I also had a tenant that was LOUD and really annoyed the neighbors.
Of course the neighbors would call me EVERY TIME this clown would do something that annoyed them.
The callers would explain that they did not want to call the police, for fear of giving me a headache with the police.
So, after talking to the tenants,and getting nowhere, I started to tell anyone who called, "Go ahead, call the police."
Guess what?
They did, and after several calls, and several complaints, the guy got a ticket for loud muffler and a citation for “disturbing the peace”.
He was a good tenant as far as ontime rent payments etc.
And now he is fine.
He got his car fixed, no longer sits out front and drinks and yells.

So, tell your other tenants and the clowns neighbors to call the police.
If the loud tenant does not change his ways, the police will deal with him.
And, if that STILL does not help, you should be able to evict rather easily based on the fact that he repeatedly breaks the law. I know that my lease states I can evict if a tenant continues illegal behavior in and around my property.
Besides, the city starts to write violations to landlords for repeated police calls to an address.
And once a home is listed as a nuisance property, the owner MUST remove the problem tenant and go through a series of inspections before they can rent again.
So, in other words, take the bull by the horns, get the police called and then followup and get the tenant to comply or move out.
Your call,
Jim IL

Re: Park Tenant’s Noisy Car, What To Do? - Posted by Ed Copp (OH)

Posted by Ed Copp (OH) on April 03, 2000 at 21:04:41:

Your choice here Jack. YOU can evict him or you can watch your other tennants leave because you are not inclined to do your job. The choice is yours alone. If you will not manage your investment then this hot rodder will—your move…ED