Park Tenants Will Not Return Forms! - Posted by JRook

Posted by CarolFL on March 10, 2000 at 15:44:23:

It’s called “keeping control” of the situation, isn’t it Ray? I’m getting that bigger and bigger everyday.

Why give up your power to a few recalcitrant - lazy - or disorganized tenants?

You are a beacon in the night!

Park Tenants Will Not Return Forms! - Posted by JRook

Posted by JRook on March 10, 2000 at 01:31:23:

I manange a smaller size mobile home park, and when I send out forms for the tenants to fill out and return no-one response. I update the files once a year. Some of the tenants at the park are facing possible eviction, and I do not even have their SS# or employment information. This information was not left for me when I took over the manager’s position. How can I go about getting this information, tenants do not respond to any letters I sent out.

Thanks…

Hold a resident relocation seminar! - Posted by ray@lcorn

Posted by ray@lcorn on March 10, 2000 at 09:09:56:

…That’s almost just a joke, but it has been known to happen.

I think Doug’s plan is the best I have heard. We just updated the paperwork on every tenant in a park we have owned for years because we were adding submetering charges to the rental agreement. The few that didn’t comply right away were asked to move after 30 days if they would not execute the paperwork. Bottom line, 100% compliance.

ray

Re: Park Tenants Will Not Return Forms! - Posted by DougO(NM)

Posted by DougO(NM) on March 10, 2000 at 08:21:12:

I agree with Dirk. Do you have an office on-site ? If not, get over there to those folks homes. We are on-site so getting folks to co-operate isn’t too big a deal. When we took over, we handed out ALL new paperwork. We went to each house to explain it. We gave them 30 days to reveiw it, after which they could move if they didn’t agree with our plan for runningthe property. We then gave them 30 days to re-apply to remain in the property and follow the new program. Not choosing or failing to submit the new application or subsequent lease, covenents,etc. earned them a 30 day notice to vacate. We again went house to house to visit with folks and offer to help in any way we can. Everyone knew that we were happy to have them remain as residents, but that we ran the place. Those that didn’t share our views and refused to co-operate were free to make other housing arrangements, somtimes with our making the arrangements for them, but usually not.

Go visit them

Doug

I have always found that… - Posted by Dirk Roach

Posted by Dirk Roach on March 10, 2000 at 05:13:04:

talking to folks face to face, has much better results than letters etc.
Dirk