partners? - Posted by Laure

Posted by Laure on February 24, 1999 at 23:19:29:

can’t give all the details here… the offer hasn’t been accepted yet ! but could email to you.

Laure :slight_smile:

partners? - Posted by Laure

Posted by Laure on February 24, 1999 at 08:01:32:

How do you suggest forming a partnership in Illinois? Two investors, with un-equal cash investment. 2 year program, then get out. joint venture is on rehabs/rentals. LLC? C or sub S corp? other suggestion please !

Laure

Re: partners? - Posted by Bud Branstetter

Posted by Bud Branstetter on February 24, 1999 at 08:47:35:

Laure,

Do not dismiss the thought of doing a straight mortgage. The note can be participatory. It can be a lot cleaner and less complicated that partnerships.

Re: partners? - Posted by JPiper

Posted by JPiper on February 24, 1999 at 08:34:29:

Laure:

I think the question is too vague to provide much of an answer to…maybe I’ll be proven wrong.

In general, rehabs and rentals are not compatible businesses. All other things being equal I would rather have my rehabs in a C corp, my rentals in an LLC.

If you want to provide more detail on what the investors are trying to accomplish, what % capital each has, what duties each has and how that correlates to the % return each shares in, what specific activities the partnership will undertake, etc. perhaps I could answer in more detail.

JPiper

Re: partners? - Posted by ScottE

Posted by ScottE on February 24, 1999 at 10:52:54:

Bud,
This is unrelated to the post, but I could use some help possibly structuring a note. Are you game?
Thank you
ScottE