Paul Conti (long) - Posted by Steve-NYC

Posted by phil fernandez on April 29, 2000 at 19:40:22:

Scott,

You are so right. I have both Bronchick’s and Kaiser’s material. If you don’t have their stuff, you should.

Paul Conti (long) - Posted by Steve-NYC

Posted by Steve-NYC on April 28, 2000 at 09:13:32:

I’m interested in hearing people’s experiences and/or opinions regarding Paul Conti.

He spoke at our REI Club here in New York last night. He is a very good speaker who presumably knows what he’s talking about.

I was, however, disappointed with how he structured his two-hour presentation to lead to a heavy promotion of his Mentor Financial Group LLC. I don’t mind the promotion, but I was a little surprised with the method: Throughout his presenation (a very good lease-option primer) he presents “case studies” which are properties/deals that illustrate his point perfectly. Not-so-surprisingly, the deals were done by former students of his.

…“Raise your hand if you think you can be this successful on your own”…(no hands)

…“Raise your hand if you think working with a partner such as myself would be helpful”…(lots of hands)

After a lot of standard sales techniques about limited availability, client exclusivity, etc., he then briefly and vaguely explains the payment terms of working with his group and then says that he’s going to sign people up that night! Right now!

Paul Conti’s presentation did not seem to fit into the helpful gracious attitude I find else where…I’m new to REI and have no idea who this guy was…maybe I just missed the opportunity of a life time. But here’s what I do know:

#1. I’m an investment banker - I’m accustomed to making large financial decisions…most people’s common sense would tell them to never make one in five minutes; particularly when pressure is being deliberately applied on the audience to act…

#2. I already work for someone…I felt as if I was supposed to feel disempowered and dependent (which I can feel at work with no trouble at all!) rather than motivated.

With all due respect to Paul Conti, I may be totally off here with my interpretation of his message and business. If so, I sincerely apologize and am open to responses suggesting otherwise. Maybe my message will only serve to give a good guy like Paul Conti some helpful critique on how his presentation was interpreted by an average joe in the crowd.

In the spirit of goodwill on this newsgroup I hope I’ve made a mistake in my judgement of his presentation.

I’m here to learn with an open mind and heart - but I can’t stop questioning.

Regards,

Steve

Re: Paul Conti (long) - Posted by Soraya

Posted by Soraya on April 30, 2000 at 18:11:29:

I took one of Peter Conti’s FREE seminars and bought some of his home study material. Peter and David Finkel offered if I were pay them their $5000 or whatever it was they would guarantee that I would get my money back within one or two transactions that they did with me. They even offered to take payments for the $5000. Plus they would be available to walk me though the transaction. It may be a great way to learn how to do Lease Options. The contract that one has with them isn’t forever. As soon as you learn how, you can get out on your own. A couple of years ago they were here in San Diego on a challenge they couldn’t do L/O’s here. They ended up controlling over a $1 million worth of real estate with $37. Not bad for a week end. (Come to think about it, I don’t remember why I didn’t take them up on their offer. I guess I was too busy getting just one of my many offers accepted every two or three months.)
Soraya

I Do Believe His Name is PETER Conti - Posted by Scott (AK)

Posted by Scott (AK) on April 28, 2000 at 11:25:41:

I take it you folks are talking about Peter Conti.

Just get his little book, it tells a lot and about al you need after having one or two courses.

Believe me, I have a LOT of L/O info, and I’ve only found TWO I could not have done (or to this day Do without) other then that they all contain most of the same info.

Good Luck
ScottS

your post is timely… - Posted by CarolFL

Posted by CarolFL on April 28, 2000 at 10:26:13:

as he will be speaking in the Tampa area this weekend!
Thanks for the intro.
Carol

Re: Paul Conti (long) - Posted by Anthony Henry

Posted by Anthony Henry on April 28, 2000 at 10:21:17:

Well Steve I was right there with you. Were you the guy in the second row on the right. Well anyway I guess because I venture into nothing without due diligence, I found his entire presentation a bit of an introduction to stuff I already had a good grasp on. Thanks in part to this board and all the fellow experienced posters and Joe Kaiser’s and Ron Legrand’s info. It also seemed to me that this was just a very well crafted intro to delivering his wares. I dont mean to sound harsh I mean everyones gotta eat right.
But my question to you steve. What did you think of the prices for the mentoring program. It seems to me that if Im doing atleast 75 or more percent of the work, why should I give you 50% of my hard earned profits. I mean its not like they are gonna be in NYC going out on deals with me, and working the turf side by side. Anyway maybe Im looking at it all wrong…but hey…

Well anyway Steve hopefully I will get to chat with you next time around.

Anthony

Re: I Do Believe His Name is PETER Conti - Posted by Steve-NYC

Posted by Steve-NYC on April 28, 2000 at 12:40:48:

Sorry about the mix up, I was speaking of Peter Conti.

I did receive the book and as I mentioned in my first post, I do believe he’s pretty knowledgable.

Thanks,

Steve

Re: I Do Believe His Name is PETER Conti - Posted by Anthony Henry

Posted by Anthony Henry on April 28, 2000 at 11:56:52:

And Pray tell Scott waht were those two??? Cant just drop a pearl like this without the meat now :slight_smile:

Anthony

Re: Paul Conti (long) - Posted by Steve-NYC

Posted by Steve-NYC on April 28, 2000 at 10:40:15:

Anthony,

I don’t really have any frame of reference for how much his services cost. I would say, however, that it seems as if that much money would be well spent on an income property.

Never mind the fact that if I had that amount of money, I wouldn’t be trying to learn no-money down investing! I certainly wasn’t going to participate in his financing plan!

I was sitting in the front row on the right, I came in a bit late. I wish we could have met and chatted a bit, after having exchanged e-mails. Where were you sitting?

Regards,

Steve

Looks Like Someone Knows Me - Posted by Scott (AK)

Posted by Scott (AK) on April 29, 2000 at 24:16:52:

My opinion is Everyone should have Bronchicks info because it is basic enough for everyone to get into a technique “on the ground floor” and have a very good foundation in the legal aspects. That’s important.

As far as Joe Kaiser, if you don’t have his information…YOU ARE NOT INVESTING! You want to learn how to find motivsted sellers and NOT pick up the phone to call ads. You better have his stuff. That is just ONE technique I learned from his courses that has kept me from cold calling for the last two years.

If you don’t have Kaiser’s and Bronchick’s information on your top shelf. Sorry, I told you so!

Hope this helps,

Scott (AK)

DISCLAIMER…I am NOT being paid by either one of these folks so don’t even entertain the thoughts!

If I know Scott… - Posted by Brandi_TX

Posted by Brandi_TX on April 28, 2000 at 12:04:45:

They are Kaiser’s and Bronchick’s L/O courses. (Kaiser’s for the marketing slant on things and Bronchick’s for the “legalese” side.)

Both are excellent and available through the Books/Courses link on this site.

Re: Paul Conti (long) - Posted by DOE

Posted by DOE on April 29, 2000 at 10:17:35:

Hey Steve,

I totally agree with your post

My name is Sandra(DOE) & I was at the REI meeting too. I sat in the back (right side).

Anyway, I just had to leave b/c I didn’t want to hear his sales pitch anymore. I’ve been in the REI business for a year now, but concentrating in the Westchester county area…now I would like to work in the NYC area.

Happy investing
Sandra(DOE)