Pay for college/secure my future. - Posted by Dion Huey

Posted by Dion huey on September 18, 2003 at 03:22:21:

Hey Terrie it is nice to meet ya! What is your e-mail address?..whisperingwind182002@yahoo.com

Pay for college/secure my future. - Posted by Dion Huey

Posted by Dion Huey on August 01, 2003 at 24:43:47:

Hello everyone! My name is Dion Huey! I am a student at The Ohio State University. A few years ago my interest was piqued when I saw infomercials and talked to people about real estate investing. I am 19 years old with credit (well only 1 yrs worth of credit history, and never had any late payments and always paid better than agreed). I have been studying creative real estate investing for the past year now and feel that I am ready and anxious to get started!..I will be joining the Columbus REIA this upcoming week!!!..During the past year I have talked to many graduate students and students that are going to graduate soon, during the conversation I would always ask them this same question…“Do you have a job lined up?”…they would always tell me the same answer…NO!..This frightens me!..Added on to this I checked my financial AID and I have to take out $9,000.00 in loans this year…I maintain a 3.71 GPA and have made the deans list ever since day 1 and I still can’t get any assistance with school. I am on my own now and I won’t ask my mom for anything because her credit is already bruised from past marriages. So, this year I MUST get started with real estate investing if I want to continue going to school next year and if I don’t want to be one of those people graduating next week and not have a job to go to. Is there anyone out there in the Columbus Area that may be able to offer any good advice to me. I was thinking that I should look into Lease-Optioning as a route b/c I don’t have much capitol and “hands-on experience”…I would really like to do cosmetic improvements and rehabs to put quick money in my bank account…but later on in the year and during my career I am more interested in buying and holding…I have applied to several credit cards (this seems to be the only credit that I can get) I got a call back from one the other day and they want a $200.00 processing fee and in turn they will extend me a $6,000.00 credit limit ( they said that with 6 months of timely payments they will extend it to $8,000.00) with a 3.5% interest rate (this sounds kinda crazy to me)…does this sound legitimate???..the company is Chase Financial Services…If anyone has any further questions for me I can be e-mailed at...whisperingwind182002@yahoo.com…or please do call me at 614-354-0511…looking forward to making lasting friendships and meeting new people!!!

Best of Luck to everyone!

Dion A Huey, Jr.

Re: Pay for college/secure my future. - Posted by Terri Chan

Posted by Terri Chan on September 17, 2003 at 20:50:26:

Hi Dion!
I’m in the same slow boat as you; i can’t find anything to help me out. i’m looking for real-estate to invest in the chicago area. if you find any pointers, please post them to help us all out. i’ll do the same for you. I know I maybe young, but like you, I have high ambitions. Eventually I would LOVE to become the next Leona Helmsley or the female donald trump. If I hear anything in the Ohio area, I’ll let you know sweetie.
Take Care and good luck to everybody!

Theresa (Terri) Chan

Re: Pay for college/secure my future. - Posted by Ana

Posted by Ana on August 07, 2003 at 15:25:21:

HI Dion,
I’m pretty much in the same boat as you. I’m a 19 year-old college student in Chicago and I am also trying to get into real estate investing. Financial Aid just isn’t cutting it and i’m not looking forward to working the 60-70 hour grind for the rest of my life. Right now, I’m trying to get into Wholesaling but I’m looking for mentor or someone to do some minor “handholding” to get me through my first deal. If you have any questions for me, or just want to keep in touch, you can email me at Nievana162002@yahoo.com

Re: Pay for college/secure my future. - Posted by SoCal_Dennis

Posted by SoCal_Dennis on August 01, 2003 at 16:59:54:

Hi Dion!

First of all let me congratulate you for being one of the few in your age bracket to actually plan for your future. If you start young, compound interest will be your friend. =)

Anyway, I just wanted to say that I’m always leary of credit cards that want a processing fee. If you just need to build credit you can go with a secured card, buy a little, pay it off, etc for a year or so and then ask them to make it an unsecured card. At least that’s how I rebuilt my credit, and now I get a new offer from someone every week.

Good luck!