Pending Eviction Court Date - Posted by Tim (Atlanta)

Posted by Dee-Texas on January 19, 2001 at 14:28:21:

Hi Tim,
I bring everything that I have a paper trail on. I make copies of every check and money order. That shows the date when given, therefore showing if they are habitual late pays. I also have all of the phone recordings(the one on my telephone, they know that they are leaving a message and being recorded). If you need witnesses for your behalf. I would bring them.
I’m loaded for bear when I go and haven’t had to use it, but I’m always prepared.
Dee-Texas
PS. making a copy of checks and money orders have been the best in my behalf so far. Oh, and I use Bronchicks contracts ALWAYS!
Good luck

Pending Eviction Court Date - Posted by Tim (Atlanta)

Posted by Tim (Atlanta) on January 19, 2001 at 13:41:18:

Well, after three years in the landlording business, it finally happened. I am going to have to go to court to evict a tenant. All of the previous times, after the sheriff served the dispossessory warrant, the tenants have left. Not this one. I guess she is determined to stay as long as possible. This is the second dispossessory warrant I have had to get. She paid back rent and penalties on the first one, so I had to take it and let her stay. Here in Georgia you only have to do that once per year. So since this is the second time, she will definitely have to go.

Since I am going to court on Feb 6th, what should I bring? I have a file that contains all of our correspondence. It includes all of the pay or quit notices that I have had to issue and such. I also have the original lease. I also have the payment history.

Anything else?

Thanks,
Tim

Re: Pending Eviction Court Date - Posted by Rick(CA)

Posted by Rick(CA) on January 19, 2001 at 18:30:43:

Tim,

First of all I would hope that you have a lawyer representing you either with legal advice or in court.

Secondly, even though you are in Atlanta, Bronchick had a really good guest article on his www.legalwiz website. Even though it pertains to CA law, there is still a lot of good information that may be beneficial to you before your court date. It will give you an idea of some of the things to be prepared for and what your tenant may try, etc.

For your convenience, I’ve pasted the link for you:
http://www.legalwiz.com/articles/caltlaw.htm

But, I would still talk to a good attorney above all else.

Good luck!