Pennysaver inserts - Posted by NC

Posted by Luke on December 12, 2006 at 12:29:11:

I did this with the local newspaper as well as the penneysaver.
I was pretty disapointed with the results.

I did 6,000 flyers with the newspaper and 3,000 in the penneysaver.

I had about 5 calls total in that week and non were deals.

It could have been the area, the time, or the flyer.

I actually used doorhangers with slightly better results as well. I think I put up 100 each day for 4 days and I had about 14 calls and 2 looked really good then ended up to not be worth it.

The banidit signs have worked extremely well for me! Of course, I’m the only guy in town doing it so I’m sure that is a major factor.

One thing to consider is instead of billboards, approach owners of large buildings that has good visibilty and ask them to allow you to hang a sign on their building for $100/month or so.

Not all will allow you but it’s cheaper than billboards and I would say more effective.

Make sure you check your sign ordinance for the city though. You’ll probably need a sign permit.

Good Luck,
Luke

Pennysaver inserts - Posted by NC

Posted by NC on December 12, 2006 at 10:54:03:

Has anyone put their flyers as an insert in their local pennysaver paper? If so, how was your response rate?

I’m thinking of canvassing target areas (lower & middle class) for wholesaling, with around 2000-3000 inserts ($36 per 1000 flyers). I’m hoping I’ll be able to canvass all of these target areas with that many flyers. I’ll be getting a quote tomorrow with a sales rep. on specific areas/streets I want to hit.

I’ll be able to hit all of these areas with one run MUCH faster than if I canvassed door to door myself, but I’m curious how many readers actually open the pennysaver, and better yet, how many actually LOOK at the inserts?

I’ve also got a couple hundred bandit signs coming to me next week that will be going up in these areas as well, and presently have flyers with tear-off strips at grocery stores/laundromats.

Thanks
NC

Re: Pennysaver inserts - Posted by Don (VA)

Posted by Don (VA) on December 12, 2006 at 14:53:01:

I don’t have any personal experience, but I have talked to investors who’ve used the Pennysaver…but ads, rather than fliers. Some reported very good results, others were very disappointed.

There are so many variables, I’d suggest (and my background is in PR and marketing) that you try it. From the numbers you supplied, it doesn’t appear that expensive–maybe $100 plus printing and (if you need it) design. Ask the Pennysaver people if they can supply those services economically as well.

In direct marketing, your list (or in this case, the streets/demographics) is the most critical element. So pay close attention to that. Next comes your message. And–not “least” important, but following those two–is the design. Just remember to make it very easy for people to respond.

Let us know how it works out.