Persistence Is The Key - Posted by Bill K. - FL

Posted by JohnG on March 09, 2000 at 21:41:06:

This quote (stapled to my forehead) kept me going for 6 months - 24 hours a day - 7 days a week - to close one deal that made me think I had just been on “Who wants to be a millionaire”.

"Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence.

Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent.

Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb.

Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts.

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent."

• Calvin Coolidge

By the way, Great Job. That is an incredible story of getting something just by asking for it. It is like the story of Donald Trump who got a tax abatement on a building he bought in New York City. Someone asked him how he got an abatement for 40 years - it was unheard of at that time. Trump smiled and said “because I didn’t ask for 50 years”.

Persistence Is The Key - Posted by Bill K. - FL

Posted by Bill K. - FL on March 09, 2000 at 19:46:42:

Called on a FSBO in the paper exactly two months ago. Had a 1980 14 ft single wide mh for sale. Asking $5500. Wouldn’t budge on price. Called back end of Jan. Same thing, although from the first conversation I found out it was vacant. Called back Mar.1 found out it was four months behind in lot rent ($390/month not inc. Mar.) Told seller I would bring lot rent current for the purchase price. Seller said she would think about it. Called back today and left msg. She called me later and agreed to sell for back rent only. (apprx. $1600 plus late fees) Home should sell for 6-7K. Have two buyers lined up. I’m glad I followed up. It’s what we get paid for.

It’s stories like this we need - Posted by Blane (MI)

Posted by Blane (MI) on March 10, 2000 at 10:19:49:

Hey Bill,

You’re absolutely right, and am glad it’s working out for you. I’m having a tough time selling the MH I bought and gets a bit discouraging at times. But I’m getting a good education, and persistence will result in something positive, I’m sure. Good luck with the sale.

Blane

Thanks for the post… - Posted by JHyre in Ohio

Posted by JHyre in Ohio on March 10, 2000 at 08:50:32:

Last few weeks have been rough…too busy at job to go to main park 90 miles away, things are slow. Very exasperating, very frustrating. Just gotta keep on it.

John Hyre