personal coaching - Posted by Dave

Posted by JNEUB on January 18, 2001 at 22:55:56:

Sorry to disagree with you Jim but I feel you are dead wrong in one suggestion. I agree that this person looking for coaching should follow the website and learn as much as possible before taking any foolish steps. Having said that I’ll also mention that personal, one on one coaching can be a very effective way for some people to achieve a measure of success. And if money is’nt the issue with this person, he may greatly benefit from the experience. I sure did many moons ago. Thanks

personal coaching - Posted by Dave

Posted by Dave on January 18, 2001 at 24:47:16:

I have been told that the Carlton Sheets organzation has a limited number of personal coaches. I am wondering how to regester for the program and how to get a personal coach. I have talked with John Schoppe of Salt Lake City and he has told me much about your program, including a coaching fee, and I am very interested. Please advise me how I should proceed from here.

Thanks,

Dave

Re: personal coaching - Posted by SCook85

Posted by SCook85 on January 19, 2001 at 06:43:36:

I fully believe in personal coaching, however I would be careful about who your coach is. Carlton Sheets will not be your coach, and chances are your coach will not be a successful real estate investor. There are many people who know the mechanics of real estate investing. There are plenty of books that one can read, memorize and recite. They can even teach what they read, but they are not teaching from personal experience.

I would want a coach who is in the trenches, not one who knows the mechanics but doesn’t have what it takes to apply what they know. They sit on the sidelines and push you to do things. Sort of like the instigator back in school who would alwyas encourage his friends to do wrong, but would sit on the side and watch them. I would want a coach who jumped into the trenches with me, and they are out there.

Steve

Re: personal coaching - Posted by Jim IL

Posted by Jim IL on January 18, 2001 at 01:09:06:

Dave,
First, this is not C. Sheets website, and has NOTHING to do with him or his programs.
So, if you want to buy his products or sign up for his stuff, find him elsewhere.
Frankly though, as long as you are here on CRE, look around the WHOLE website here.
Read all the articles, How to and Money making ideas.
Check out the newsgroup posts, both present and archived ones.
Join in the chat room to talk about REI.
You will see that after you have a course and start to work deals, you can get the advice here for FREE that a coaching program offers.
or
Find a mentor in your area or somewhere.
This way you get guidance, and do not pay an upfront fee for it.
Maybe partner with an experienced investor and learn that way.
I just cannot see paying for a coaching program when there are ways to get that done for free.

Good luck to you and welcome to this board,
Jim IL