Personal Property - Posted by Dee

Posted by Phill on October 19, 2003 at 21:44:34:

What would you say the make and model are? If you are in Houston or close to it drop me an email…I might have a friend that will haul it off.
If you don’t have a title it might be hard to get a junkyard to haul it off. But if you have a trailer, take it across the scrap scales, no questions asked.

Personal Property - Posted by Dee

Posted by Dee on October 19, 2003 at 21:03:26:

I am about to close on a property that is an reo tomorrow. Since signing the contracting about 3 weeks ago, I did not have access to the garage. Yesterday, upon demanding access, the agent mentioned that there is a car in there which he said I could have. It turns out that this is an old worthless piece of metal and I don’t want it. I want to do the closing. Does anyone have any ideas on how to get rid of the car. There are no keys, two tires flat, engine may or may not work.

Re: Personal Property - Posted by Dick Workman

Posted by Dick Workman on October 20, 2003 at 07:01:22:

You can call a local automotive salvage company. They normally will come and tow it away for free.

Re: Personal Property - Posted by Brent_IL

Posted by Brent_IL on October 20, 2003 at 01:26:48:

Im Chicago, it’s pushed into the street and abandoned at the curb. The city hauls them off.

Kidney Foundation or Goodwill - Posted by Ann (NC)

Posted by Ann (NC) on October 19, 2003 at 23:46:36:

Ask them what they need. Kidney fndtn will haul it away if it works. Must be a way to get a key (vin#?)
Sorry, I don’t know details. You’d need the title.
Ann

Re: Personal Property - Posted by TH

Posted by TH on October 19, 2003 at 21:24:54:

You know, how come I thought you were gonna say there was a 67 corvette in mint condition in that garage!???
I am sure someone, somewhere will take it off your hands…

Re: Personal Property - Posted by SteveG_Pa

Posted by SteveG_Pa on October 19, 2003 at 21:18:17:

First Id make sure it isnt some sort of classic car that would fetch a good price from a collector, if its not, a local junk yard would probably come and take it, plus give ya a few bucks, look in the paper in the car section, yards might have some ads there about this.

SteveG

Re: Personal Property - Posted by David B

Posted by David B on October 20, 2003 at 08:53:29:

I was looking for the gem, too! The mint 67 corvette or some other classic. What a disappointment! That’s the least of your problems. Get someone to tow it to a salvage yard.