Pest Control - Posted by Bob in Atlanta

Posted by Kathy (Ga) on October 20, 2000 at 19:00:09:

Allgood Pest control will give a repair bond for $400.

Pest Control - Posted by Bob in Atlanta

Posted by Bob in Atlanta on October 20, 2000 at 09:44:00:

I bought my first investment property and am learning alot.

A question - the house is not bonded for pest control. I must have a termite letter when I sell the house and they are cheap. To get the house initially treated and bonded for retreatment is $1500ish.

To those that flip houses, what would you do? I’m leaning toward just getting the termite letter and, if the termite bond becomes an issue at sale, negotiate then.

Thanks!

Re: Pest Control - Posted by Jonathan L

Posted by Jonathan L on October 23, 2000 at 17:32:11:

Same situation here in Charleston, SC that Tim describes for GA, right down to the price.

Re: Pest Control - Posted by Tim (Atlanta)

Posted by Tim (Atlanta) on October 20, 2000 at 12:19:36:

You do need a termite letter to sell a piece of property in Ga. You do NOT need a termite bond. The company I deal with does treatment and issues the termite letter for around $300. Don’t be fooled by the big named companies here into thinking that you have to pay that $1500 price for a treatment bond.

Please note that there are two types of bonds. One is called a retreatment bond. That means that if you have termite damage the company will come out and retreat your home. The other type is the repair bond. That means that if you have termite damage, the company will repair the damage and retreat. The repair bond is much more expensive.

If you are flipping a house, get the retreatment bond. The repair bond is unnecessary. The company I use is Arrow Exterminators in Lithia Springs. The number is (770) 942-1180. I normally talk to Clyde Davis. I normally get a termite letter, treatment with a retreatment bond from them for around $300.

Re: Pest Control - Posted by Karen

Posted by Karen on October 20, 2000 at 11:27:52:

Hi Bob in Atlanta:
I’m in Atlanta also. I thought that a termite letter is all you needed. I know that in new construction a termite bond may be required. I would consult an attorney to be on the safe side.

Karen

Re: Geez, I thought I’d heard of everything… - Posted by Lori Samson

Posted by Lori Samson on October 20, 2000 at 09:56:18:

…but I have never heard of that!Bug Bonded? I’m in Texas and I thought we had it hard in the bug department! This is something I have never heard of!

Lori

Thanks! - Posted by Bob in Atlanta

Posted by Bob in Atlanta on October 20, 2000 at 12:55:36:

Thank you so much. This is exactly what I needed. So much to learn…

One of the pleasures of Georgia, I guess…nm - Posted by Bob in Atlanta

Posted by Bob in Atlanta on October 20, 2000 at 10:00:01:

nm

Re: Thanks! - Posted by Tim (Atlanta)

Posted by Tim (Atlanta) on October 20, 2000 at 15:01:38:

One other thing…

Don’t get the termite letter until absolutely necessary. A termite letter that is over one month old is not valid with most mortgage companies. I wait until the closing is about a week away before I get a termite letter.

Re: Termites must love those Peaches! NT - Posted by Lori Samson

Posted by Lori Samson on October 20, 2000 at 10:09:48:

:slight_smile: