Phone number for REI. - Posted by Eric Graham

Posted by JoeB(Atlanta) on February 18, 2001 at 22:11:14:

Hi Eric, when I was starting out I just got a RingMaster number from my local phone co for about extra $4/mo. This service is also called Selective or DistinctiveRinging. It’s a different phone nbr from your main home line, but it ‘sits on top of the same physical phone line’ and rings w/two quick rings, instead of the one-long-normal ring sound.

This distinctive ring allows you to (cheaply) distinguish between a home or biz call, before you pickup the phone. So you can be prepared to handle it, or choose to let it go to your machine. It would be nice if your ans. machine could detect the distinctive ring and have a more proffessional biz msg for callers, too.

Best of success,
Joe Brillante

Phone number for REI. - Posted by Eric Graham

Posted by Eric Graham on February 18, 2001 at 18:26:55:

For thoses of you who are actually doing deals…on your bandit signs, business cards, newspaper ads and flyers…do you have a seperate business related phone line or do you use your home number. I am thinking about getting a cell phone with voice mail and using this number.

Any ideas? What works, what doesnt?

Eric

Re: Phone number for REI. - Posted by David S

Posted by David S on February 19, 2001 at 08:01:26:

I use a separate phone line with call forwarding. From that, I have numerous ways to go and you can use that line for your computer or fax line.

David S