Phone Techique to Qualify Sellers??? - Posted by Emmett-NC

Posted by Paul(FL) on May 22, 1999 at 21:29:38:

Thank you Sandy.
I didn’t realize they were there. There sure is a lot of info here. I saw your article on REI clubs. We would like to join, but we’re going to have to wait until we move into the area.

Paul & Sally…

Phone Techique to Qualify Sellers??? - Posted by Emmett-NC

Posted by Emmett-NC on May 21, 1999 at 18:06:17:

I am still a newibe to RE Investing, but I have been actively calling on ads.

The only course I have bought to date it the Carleton Sheets Course. In the course, he has his Seller Qualifying checklist. Is this a good way to qualify the sellers in the classified ads? It seems like I am a robot spitting out questions sometimes. And I kinda pay more attentions to filling in the blanks instead of listening to the seller. Should I just do reverse lookups and do postcards instead? If so what kind of postcard, etc?

I appreciate any help about the initial steps in the life of a real estate investor. THANKS!!

Re: Phone Techique to Qualify Sellers??? - Posted by Phantom

Posted by Phantom on May 21, 1999 at 22:21:46:

For starters you can read “Calling On Ads” and “How To Handle Telephone Calls” Submitted By: Jim Piper, Kansas City, MO

Wraparounds and Simultaneous Closings - Posted by Jan

Posted by Jan on May 21, 1999 at 18:22:43:

Hi … does anyone know how to explain to the Title company …

1. Yes I am buying this piece of property…
  2. Yes I am selling this piece of property …
    … At the same time
    the lady at the Title Company said"Why don’t you just assign the contract?"
    Why … because I’ve upped the price and the interest rate and time
    Does anyone have anyone have any experience with Simultaneous closings?
    thanks Jan
    PS If anyone has accepted contracts using Carlton Sheets Contract …could you scan them to me?
    To see how you filled them in…not interested in Names on contract…just how.
    thanks

Re: Phone Techique to Qualify Sellers??? - Posted by Paul(FL)

Posted by Paul(FL) on May 22, 1999 at 08:35:46:

I tried to find “Calling On Ads” and “How To Handle Telephone Calls” Submitted By: Jim Piper, Kansas City, MO — I can’t find them anywhere. Do you know where they might be???
Thanks,
Paul

Are you staying in the middle or out totally? - Posted by JSmith

Posted by JSmith on May 22, 1999 at 10:22:14:

Jan,

Is your contract with the seller a purchase money mortgage, assumption, subject to, cash, or a lease option?

Is your contract with the new buyer a purchase money mortgage, assumption, subject to, cash, or a lease option?

The reason I am asking is to properly define what you need to ask the title company based upon what you have drawn up. Initially, it appears that the only duty of the title company in this case is to draw up a deed. I am not sure until you give further info.

JSmith

Re: Wraparounds and Simultaneous Closings - Posted by John Katitus

Posted by John Katitus on May 22, 1999 at 02:11:31:

Jan, in your frustration you are gaining experience. First lesson is that you know more at this point about what you are doing than the closing agent. Scary, isn’t it?

The solution is to simply call title companies until you find a closing agent that understands. You might want to ask for their most experienced person in the beginning and save working through the entire office. And there is no reason you can’t tell the title company the reasons you want to do a simultaneous closing, although it won’t do much good if they don’t know what a simultaneous closing is anyway. It is best to just pass until you find one that does. You don’t want to put yourself into the position of teaching title companies how to do business.

The information and techniques you have been given are reliable. You should be confident in that. It IS the way this business is done. Don’t be concerned that they don’t understand. They are showing their ignorance, not exposing yours.

As far as contracts go, you should really take the time to read through them and identify the parts you don’t understand. Post questions here about those parts and you will get the right answers. Generally, nobody reads them anyway, unless there’s a problem and they’re looking for a way out. You just fill in the blanks like you know what you are doing and show them where to sign. Be confident.

Re: Phone Techique to Qualify Sellers??? - Posted by Sandy FL

Posted by Sandy FL on May 22, 1999 at 10:28:08:

The articles you seek are under the Money-Making Ideas section of this website.

How to Handle Phone Calls is at http://www.creonline.com/mm_37.htm

Calling on Ads is at http://www.creonline.com/mm_34.htm

You really need to read ALL the articles and money-making ideas on the site. Its like an initiation rule around here, if you are serious about investing in real estate.

:slight_smile: Good Luck!

Sandy FL