Phones not Ringing?..........Don't Fret - Posted by Jim LaVerdi (Phx_Az)

Posted by tb on October 25, 2000 at 03:58:08:

Thanks for the detailed response Jim, the deal sounds like it has it all…front end, cash flow and exit cash!

“Dirt Devil Investor” huh? What do you call an investor from Las Vegas then…LOL

Next thing we know, you`ll have bought the option on Camelback Mountain!

tb

Phones not Ringing?..Don’t Fret - Posted by Jim LaVerdi (Phx_Az)

Posted by Jim LaVerdi (Phx_Az) on October 25, 2000 at 24:23:54:

This post is intended as encouragement to those who might think that this stuff don’t work.

Have you been running ads like “I BUY HOUSES”? and just wait and wait for the phone to ring and at times even check to be sure there is not a misprint on your phone number, or you check to see if your phone has been disconnected? Well I was kind of feeling that same way for over the past 9-10 weeks too. I live in Phx AZ, a very hot market and for some odd reason “No Calls”. Don’t know why but thats life.

Two days ago my cell phone rings and I assume it’s either Mom, Dad, Girlfriend, (You know…The usuals) but no…Guess who?
A Seller!!! and… A VERY MOTIVATED SELLER TO BOOT! practically begging me to take their 2239 square foot home. They had relocated to Missouri and had a house payment there as well, and go on to tell me that this mortgage is current but come 11/01/2000 it will no longer be. (Sounds like good news to me). After further questioning, this deal turned out to be great. A nice front end profit, a monthly cash flow, and a nice back end in place. Got it signed up and in the process of closing as I type.

Next Day: Another guy calls me for his son. Says they are divorcing needs to get out yada yada yada. I won’t go into all the details but get this… As I’m on the Phone with this guy another call on line #2 Guess Who? ANOTHER SELLER!..MOTIVATED SELLER! I made an appointment to see the property because this lady wanted out badly, and I mean badly!! I’ll tell you when you meet these motivated sellers you’ll know it! (The Mentors always said that so believe it) Got this one half signed up as of today, because the almost ex hubby could not be excused from work. He was however very agreeable and says he’ll have the paperwork signed and notorized by morning. I’ll pick that one up and head to the title company then.

That’s it for now, but please…Anybody that may not be getting the calls, hang in there! They’ll come, and at a time you least suspect.

Hope this gives some encouragement to some of you that may be feeling like things aren’t working. They will my friends, they certainly will.

Jim LaVerdi (Phx_Az)

Re: Phones not Ringing?..Don’t Fret - Posted by Linda (PHX)

Posted by Linda (PHX) on October 25, 2000 at 12:04:02:

Congratulations Jim!! Hadn’t heard from you in awhile, now I know why! :wink:

Re: Phones not Ringing?..Don’t Fret - Posted by Bill Young

Posted by Bill Young on October 25, 2000 at 10:20:39:

Jim, thanks for sharing your encouraging story! the “trick” to all of this creative stuff is to find the motivated seller, as you’ve discovered. I too have a good news story to share with everyone. It has enabled me to have motivated sellers calling consistently. (However, I have never had one on both lines at the same time,zheeez!) To paraphrase an old saying, with a motivated seller, all things are possible! I once used stock in my own, 1 man company as a downpayment with a motivated seller. Another time I used zero coupon bonds, bought at 1/2 price as payment for a seller’s equity. And then I discovered I could even get motivated sellers to Pay Me for buying their properties. The best of which was the $40,000 in cash I walked away with at closing for buying the $420,000 newly restored brownstone (townhouse) of a divorcing couple. And, this was in New York City! Downtown Brooklyn to be exact. Despite evidence to the contrary, Motivated sellers are not found only in caves in New Mexico. I have written up some of the methods I use to find them. They work anywhere in any market. It is rather long, so I won’t print it here, but if anyone would like to read about them and possibly use them with me, you can get a copy by sending a blank email to kmtfreereport@getresponse.com
Continued good luck, Jim and to everyone!
Bill Young

Re: Phones not Ringing?..Don’t Fret - Posted by tb

Posted by tb on October 25, 2000 at 02:06:45:

Hi Jim,

As a former fellow Arizonan I congratulate you on your recent “dust devil” of success! LOL

Are you signing these deals up as L/Os or Sub-tos? I`d love to hear more details about the workings of these deals, or even just the first one you mentioned.

Thanks in advance and here`s to your phone ringing off the hook!

tb

Re: Phones not Ringing?..Don’t Fret - Posted by Alan

Posted by Alan on October 25, 2000 at 24:42:09:

Dear Jim,

Congratulations. I can certainly understand how you feel about not getting any calls, but you did not give up and that’s what it takes.

Alan

Thanks for the great opportunity, Bill! - Posted by Mrs SD

Posted by Mrs SD on October 25, 2000 at 11:29:20:

I can’t wait to get started!

Mrs SD

Thanks tb - Posted by Jim LaVerdi (Phx_Az)

Posted by Jim LaVerdi (Phx_Az) on October 25, 2000 at 02:21:57:

Done both of these “Subject To”

Seller relocated and was an out of state owner that couldn’t make two house payments. She had about $15K in equity and I will be giving her $7K. and take over subject to with a land trust. House is worth $170K. I have a buyer lined up already that can put down $25K come November 1, 2000. (Build that buyers list!) I will carry the loan for a few years until he can re-fi and hey!!! That’s life as a Arizonan “Dirt Devil Investor”!

Jim LaVerdi (Phx_Az)