placing mobile homes in city lots - Posted by batpro

Posted by Paul NM on March 15, 2001 at 20:55:23:

Hi Adam,

Even if you use $400/Mo. and figure half of it for expenses you still have $1,200/yr net. That’s a 20% return on your $6,000 investment. I can’t begin to get numbers that good where I am at.

Paul NM

placing mobile homes in city lots - Posted by batpro

Posted by batpro on March 15, 2001 at 18:19:50:

Hello,

Question 1:
I read alot of messages on here and I see the comment “if the park manager will work with you” What are the concerns with working with a park? I am new to this. Do most parks not allow you to rent out or what?

Question 2:

I live in Northern Minnesota. There is a small community call Calumet about 13 miles out of a larger town. Calumet allows you to place mobile homes on lots which can be directly hooked up to city water and sewer.

My question is this. If I can pick up a good mobile home for like $3,000 and buy a city lot for $3,000 bucks is this a wise investment? I would then own the land and the mobile home and could rent or what ever with it? I think there are numerous lots available in the area. It is an old mining town and it resides about the half way point between two larger cites which are both 13-18 miles away. Many lower income people live here, it is a clean little town. I could get about $400-$450 rent per month with a mobile home.

Adam

thanks for positive advice - Posted by batpro

Posted by batpro on March 17, 2001 at 14:46:56:

Well, I’m going to give it a try. I know I can get a lot for $3,000 but I don’t know if I can find a mobile home for $3000 I’m going to have to look hard. The population is not very high in Northern Minnesota so there is not many mobile homes advertised very often.

Thanks again for advice!

Adam

Re: placing mobile homes in city lots - Posted by terryr

Posted by terryr on March 16, 2001 at 22:58:03:

put me down for ten lots