placing signs in Atlanta - Posted by Natalie

Posted by JoeB(Atlanta) on January 29, 2000 at 14:44:24:

Hi Cassie, any type of road-side sign and (especially) telephone pole signs are STRICTLY forbidden and policed in city limits of Decatur and (less strictly) in Atlanta.

E-mail me if you’d like to see if we can do some business together.

Joe Brillante

placing signs in Atlanta - Posted by Natalie

Posted by Natalie on January 28, 2000 at 12:32:01:

Does anyone know whether the local ordinances in Atlanta prohibit the placing of corrugated plastic or any other signs without a permit?

Re: placing signs in Atlanta - Posted by JoeB(Atlanta)

Posted by JoeB(Atlanta) on January 28, 2000 at 14:58:32:

Hi again Natalie, yes you need a permit. We were the REI sign ‘kings’ for awhile in City of Atlanta and Decatur…Until many residents/police/city inspectors / councilmen / sheriff (and more!) informed us that we were in violation of sign ordinances and subject to LARGE fines at which point we took them ALL back down.

They brought in the calls while they were up, but now we’ve switched to billboards.

BTW, some investors still put up signs regularly and then take them back down when they get ‘called’ on it, but do so at your own risk of fine ($1000/day per sign).

Hope this helps,
Joe Brillante

Re: placing signs in Atlanta - Posted by Cassie

Posted by Cassie on January 29, 2000 at 11:35:10:

Joe,
What signs are you speaking of? Are they the “we buy houses” signs? I live in Decatur and was considering some type of signs also.

Re: placing signs in Atlanta - Posted by SandyFL

Posted by SandyFL on January 30, 2000 at 10:12:25:

I also talked to an Atlanta investor who not only was told to remove the signs, and fined, but also had to serve many hours of community service.