plan of action - Posted by Mark Wilson

Posted by Mark Wilson on June 28, 2007 at 19:42:24:

I will have to research the market here a bit moe, there very well may be a niche that can be filled here locally as well. I will just have to analyze it a bit more. At any rate, now I have 3 targets to consider. My main concern was the pricing structure here locally as it is a rather overpriced market in very close proximity to the beach. It may be that the Lonnie system could very well fill a need for the lower middle class working family. Maybe locate a MHP and buy it out and work that aspect. I will just have to reexamine the possibilities. The attractiveness of the military market was knowing that most of them will be relocating on a regular basis, creating a continuous flow of units for purchase and resale.

plan of action - Posted by Mark Wilson

Posted by Mark Wilson on June 28, 2007 at 18:00:27:

I am just starting out down this path and while my local area has a university and potentially I could work Lonnie deals with college students, I feel that the risk may be a bit extreme with them. But within a 60 mile radius, I have 2 major military facilities, one is a Marine base and the other is a Army base. I feel a better plan would be to locate potential Lonnie deals in close proximity to the bases and offer guaranteed easy re-purchase plans along with low down payment and low monthly rates on owner financed lease to own deals.

Thoughts, or suggestions…

Mark

Re: plan of action - Posted by Wayne (ID)

Posted by Wayne (ID) on June 28, 2007 at 18:19:19:

Don’t overlook a college town. I live in a college town and of the 20 or so deals I have done only one was a sale to a college student. Actually this one deal was one of my better deals because the mother cashed me out after 6 months.

I have had several students look at my homes but most just don’t want to commit or Daddy just wants to write a check and be done with it so they will look at the cash only deals out there.

My average buyer is 30ish and has no college education.

Some of the best buys I have made are from college grads on their out of town. They just want to get on with their lives.

Wayne