Planning and Zoning - Posted by Steve-MO

Posted by Steve-MO on October 27, 2003 at 07:47:43:

Surely if you have any legal or real estate experience to speak of, you understand that an attorney is not a judge and cannot solve all of your problems, just as a physician may not solve every health problem you may have. It is your life, your problem and if you do not research it and try to get good advice, you’ll sink. I have been doing this long enough and on a large enough scale to know that others have probably been there and done that. Looking for helpful advice from them.

Planning and Zoning - Posted by Steve-MO

Posted by Steve-MO on October 26, 2003 at 20:11:14:

I recently purchased a mobile home park in a small town in Missouri. The park was built before P&Z laws were adopted in this town and is currently operating under a special use permit. We have reviewed the P&Z laws and the grandfather clause allows this usage as long as no changes or additions are made. With the exception of cleaning and removing a few homes we have made no other changes. We have recently received a letter from the mayor demanding that we bring the park into compliance with todays codes. After meeting with the mayor to ask what areas we were not in compliance, he would not give a specific answer and our only conclusion was in space requirements. There is one other park in this town, developed about 15 years after ours, which also does not meet the requirements, but this is the park the mayor told us to see to be in compliance. After receiving a couple of threatening letters and our tenants being harassed, we hired an attorney. However, the threats and harassment have not stopped. What should we do next?

Let me get this straight… - Posted by Nate(DC)

Posted by Nate(DC) on October 26, 2003 at 23:09:56:

The attorney who you have already hired, and are paying for, is not producing, so you hope that someone on this message board, for free, will be able to solve the problem?

NT